- Anyone out there Ride?

Anyone out there Ride?

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Have fun and stay away from the sauce Dimples!!!

When I go to similar events -- I round up a few A.A.'s to go with me and we go as a group. At a few of our meetings here -- it's not uncommon to find at least half-dozen Harleys parked outside. Sometimes -- at some A.A. conventions that I've attended -- there will often be between 100 to 200 bikes parked outside. A nearby friend rode from here to Daytona recently for a big A.A. Biker gig -- where he said at least 1,000 or more bikes were on the scene.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dimples » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:21 pm

I went, didn't feel tempted even once. I couldn't pass up that watermelon italian ice though!!! The Outlaws ROCKED! We had such a good time. If anyone is interested in seeing a few pics you can check out hiwaysingles under the thread "message board", Post "Team Florida" Its a free site with the same format at this one.
Day 38 and I'm on vacation without my kids so needless to say I have been doing multiple meetings daily. I'm so new at Serenity house that I still dont know too many people. I went to their 4th of July picnic but didn't stay too long. Too many people and I got kinda anxious and felt out of place. So I went home and watched movies...I had more fun at the concert...I'm not giving up though, I just have to force myself to be more out going...MUCH easier, it was, when I drank... :roll:
Thanks again for all your advice. My computer is dead (need new hard drive) so I'm not in as much as I like to. See ya'll next time...
P
Dimples

Postby anniemac » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:29 pm

Day 38!! Woo-hoo!! Glad you enjoyed the concert and that you have extra time for more meetings. I'm off until Monday so I hit a nooner today, a fantastic Big Book meeting that I haven't been able to get to for 3 years. It was so awesome to be back there, and what a great meeting it was.
anniemac

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics