- How to have a good day

How to have a good day

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 am

I'll share on it -- after -- anyone else who has an interest in it --
has taken the time for their own discovery. :wink:

For me -- it produced a very profound change inside me once I began attempts to understand what it meant.

So, just judging from my own experience with it,

it may be one of those things that happens on the -- inside -- of the person who is contemplating it -- rather than coming from the outside (the information from another person who is sharing it).
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby garden variety » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 am

"If I give up what I want by giving up what I want because I want -- how can I be free of what I want?"

I'm full of joy for you Dallas - I'm right beside you!

I understand totally what you mean that God finally let go and let Dallas. He did the same thing FOR me today, He "let go and let Paul".

Great post. If you have the way to put that into words, God bless you bro. I just know what you mean 100%, but I can't seem to find the right words to say it.

I guess you could say "If I don't want to want anymore, then I'm free of what I want"?

The joy and happiness for me is in knowing that I no longer want anything because I have everything. God let go and let Dallas (and Paul)! It's not a joke or a play on words, Deb - its reality. It's as simple as belieiving what is real and letting go of what is false.

Today my spirit is free, untouched, and unharmed. It's what I mean when I said life isn't gonna get better - it already is.

Maybe another way of saying it is that life is eternal. If I believe something other than that, then I can't be free of what I want. I don't need to want anymore today because I have today. :wink:
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Here's a clue: It has to do with Self-will.

1. What is Self? Answer: "I"
2. What is Will? Answer: "Want"

the same as:

1. What is I? Answer: "Self"
2. What is Want? Answer: "Will"

So, Self-will = "I Want!"

Another way to say it:

How can I give up what -- "I want"
If I give up what -- "I want"
because "I want"
to give up what "I want"
because "I want"?

or....

How can I give up what -- "I want"
by giving up what -- "I want"
because "I want" to give up what "I want"
because "I want" to?

:shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

My name is Anne, I'm an alcoholic

Postby musicmode » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:09 pm

There is no need to want. All I 'want', is the desire, to live. Freedom of the bondage of self. I have all that I need...right here...today. I am...in turn...doing what I want, doing this where I want to live (geographically)...and all this because...I have the desire--the desire to not drink; the desire to be sober; the desire to have God as I understand Him, take my will and my life, and do with me His will. The blessings I have received are better than anything I could ever wish for (a wish is a want).

In Peaceful Sobriety,
Anne
musicmode

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics