- A Gift for Dallas - From "In God's Care"

A Gift for Dallas - From "In God's Care"

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

A Gift for Dallas - From "In God's Care"

Postby garden variety » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Hey Dallas!

I got to reading my morning devotions late today. This one reminded me so much of you, I had to post it. I mean this says Dallas B inside and out, and I'd like for you to have it "for desert" on top of that steak you were talking about.

This comes courtesy of:
In God's Care
Hazelden Foundation 1991
Today's Daily Meditation for March 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action. - Brendan Francis

God speaks to us in many ways at many times. If we are spiritually alert, we will know it when it happens. A stray thought occurs; we overhear a bit of conversation; a passage in something we are reading suddenly stands out - and we know we have connected. A feeling of assurance and peace comes over us.

The trouble is that we might acknowledge this contact only briefly, and then it slips away. The time to act passes. The favor we could have done; the advice or support we could have offered; the help we could have given or received - all are missed opportunities.

When God speaks, we must do more than listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh! Was that ever something for me to digest this evening. Brings tears to my eyes. What a reminder! Thanks brother for your constant care in reminding us alcoholics of the 100% hopeless variety: "action, and more action."

You help me much more than you'll ever know.

God bless always,
Paul
garden variety

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:19 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you, Paul.

You inspire me. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

How True!

Postby lonernomore » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 pm

How true, gardenvariety (Paul.) Thanks for sharing that. Yeah, I've experienced that, so many times, myself. Things I should have done, missed opptys..if only we tune in and [/b]listen, [wow what we could [/b][/i]hear!
lonernomore

Postby Susan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Thank You Paul, that is a great meditaion.
Susan

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics