- What a great day to be Sober

What a great day to be Sober

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

What a great day to be Sober

Postby 918gma » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:55 am

I had one of those days that just had to be shared. I've had a few recently where my HP and I were fighting over the steering wheel of the bus and which direction to point it. But not today....

I got a bunch of stuff done yesterday that was weighing on my mind and keeping from being focused. (housework, bills)

Today I had all three of my kids over and my two grandsons for dinner. I marveled as they intermingled content and happy. Laughing enjoying each other, and life in general. I wached it so clearly. I was able to feel joy, and peace. Latrer as I took barb and the baby back home, I took my other grandson with me so he could see the puppies with Kay. On the way home we got to stop at a bus stop and see a boa constricter. Normally, this is not some thing I would stop and haul Kay and a todler out of the car to see. But not today. Today it was cool. Life to Hunter is like a bottomless toybox, full of suprises he's can't wait to see.

I was too busy raising my own kids, and getting drunk to set back and just enjoy them. The opportunity to do it with my grandkids and sober is more than I deserve, but i wouldn't trade it for the world. :D :D :D :D :D :D
918gma

Postby crickit » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:13 pm

I was too busy raising my own kids, and getting drunk to set back and just enjoy them. The opportunity to do it with my grandkids and sober is more than I deserve, but i wouldn't trade it for the world.

What a privelege to watch the world through a childs eyes. I sometimes think I missed my own childhood as well. Getting sober has enabled me to see alot of the world for, what seems to be, the first time. Now I can enjoy life on lifes terms no matter what is ahead of me.

BB
Crickit
crickit

the cloud

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:05 pm

hey Kathy, hey Criket! just paroooooooozing around the international superhighway, and thought i would wonder over here to see what's go'n on. ### cool Marven Gaye tune lol! #### it seems you two are up on the cloud, the Pink one! nice, real nice. you see it is real. for me, it's just step 3 ... sometimes i have those days where i seem to turn everything over. and i useualy have a shovel. lol! keep it up, if you can. theres a whole ton of room on the PC! good wishes to you both, xoxo, Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity