- My moment of clarity.

My moment of clarity.

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Postby LaurenceDavid » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi Tim,
I am only dry for three days and am going to my first meeting tonight again after dropping off from them. I had what I think was a moment of Clarity myself lastnight. My ex and I were talking and I felt this really negative rush force my mind's eye to observe the most desolate pit of lonliness that exsisted (hell-like). ANd I knew that is what I had to look forward to if I continue. I was doing the "I can take a beer here and there, and then take a few days off, so it is not a problem." I realized how lonley I will be if I continue. I was talking to an AA friend at work, & he told me I had my moment of clarity. I made some calls & am meetin gsome friends at a meeting tonight.
LaurenceDavid

Postby Toast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

My moment of clarity was an empty refrigerator. I came home from a 5 day binge and tried to get some milk out the fridge for a hot cuppa, and there was nothing in it, nada?

All i found was the man in the glass staring right back at me, i called AA 10 minutes later and for the last 17 years i've never looked back.
Toast

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Some times I ponder how important the prayer I said was 15 mintues before loosing my lasts job. I was down on my knees in a hotel room in Manila. One of those few real gut renching prayers with real tears where it the theme of th prayer with out going into details was you take it I can't.

Then I had the phone call with HR and my boss. Blessing in disguise of course.

It is hard for me to muster up that kind of feeling today when talking to the HP that I know but some how I feel that that one was all I needed to start the process.

The refrigerator was also empty if you know what I mean. I had been in that room for almost 2 weeks. Didn't eat for the last 10 days. Dang, happy that I made it out there.:P :oops: :P :oops: :oops: :P :oops:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Glad you guys made it to here. I appreciate you!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 am

This web site was certainly a nice find Dallas. Appreciate you also!!! More to come :oops:
Need some new guitar strings 8)
Ranman99

Previous

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity