- Hard to hold on

Hard to hold on

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Hard to hold on

Postby 918gma » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:09 pm

I still wonder at how fleeting this program can be. It seems when things are going smooth there's no stopping us, but let in a little ruff water and we can't find our toolbox to save ourselves. The principles that we think are drilled into our leads disappear, leaving us floundering.
I know the program work. It's proven itself to me time and again. I just still get rapped up in daily life and don't see that storm in time to close the shuttle rs and light a fire and wait it out.
I'm getting better, I know I am, I just want to get there faster. God's time is slow.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:43 pm

Hey 918!!! You're great! Nice to hear from you again!

I doubt if God's time is slow.

Sounds like you've picked up that hammer again.

Stuff happens. That's part of life. We're not perfect. That's why we're not God. Sometimes, we don't have it all together... but, together, we've got it all.

When the storms come... and they will, we've got each other. One of us has always been in the same place that the other one is in now. And, when one of us hasn't been there, we can be grateful that we haven't been there, but we can love each other, understand each other, and help each other. And, I think that's what Life planned for us all along.

Sometimes, things are not going to be the way we want them to be. So, what's new? It was that way before sobriety and sometimes it will be that way after sobriety. No big deal. We've got tools for that and we are here to remind each other of the solution and the tools and help each other to use them.

Sometimes, people will not be like we want them to be. We've got a tool for that, too. It's called tolerance. I used to hate the word tolerance... because I couldn't stand to be tolerant with anything. I thought it was just a sign of "weakness." When, in reality, it was a source of strength and serenity. Tolerance, for me, is allowing other people and other things to be as they are without having to meet my wants or expectations. When I have negative feelings and thoughts that come up... usually, when I take a close look at it... my lack of tolerance is what's causing the uncomfortable feelings in myself.

We're never alone. Never alone.

There are plenty of times when I have to take a breath and remember "this too shall pass." It rains when it rains. It pours when it pours. But, there is always a rainbow after every storm... even when we forget to look for the rainbow.

Thank you for sharing. My thoughts are with you and I wish you well. You're already in good hands... try to remember that. You'll be okay.

Remember, you lived most of your life using your "Old Tool
Box" and your "Old Design for Living." The New Tool Box and the New Design for Living are still new. It takes time to stop reaching into the old tool box grabbing on to a tool that doesn't work, anyway!!!

I can assure you... keep drilling the new hole in your head and you'll have a new hole!!! Put down the drill.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Yes my good friend

Postby 918gma » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:59 am

You guessed it, I did it again. I am sitting here living proof that one can worry ones self sick.
And it was over stupid stuff. Money. God how I hate money. Wouldn't life be easier if we dealt in Bananas.
Any way to make this at least profitable for some one else. Energy is our life's blood. Dont waste it worrying over things you can't fix. Learn how to manage energy and focus it toward positives. Mainly get out of self and into your tool box. Pick up what ever tool you need and use it according to the instructions given in the Big Book.
Now Maybe my cold will go away.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:44 pm

For anyone who hates money... please send it my way. I'll be happy to be of service and use it wisely for you and get it off your hands so that you can live happy, joyous and free. :lol: Send all that you want. I can help you!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity