- TIME

TIME

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

TIME

Postby musicmode » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:18 pm

Something just occured to me...

It's interesting how, when I drank...I couldn't wait for the days to be over with. Now that I'm sober...there's not enough hours in the day to get what I want done--done, and I mean that in a good way, not a complaining way. I rest in that there's always tomorrow, however, I relish the day, and what I want to achieve. Whether I achieve all the directives or not, doesn't matter...at the end of the day though, as I go over my day, I'm disappointed that the day is over, cuz I feel so good, and I don't want it to end. I embrace the days today, instead of dreading them and just wanting them overwith.

Peace,
Anne
musicmode

Enjoying the moment

Postby GINA » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:25 pm

It hasn't been that long ago that I dreaded most minutes of most days. I slept my life away with depression. I had been sober for 10 years, and drank one more time AGAIN!! Drinking after that amount of time caused me to REALLY not like me.

However, to the good part!!! After almost 8 months of not drinking again, I finally was able to see clearer than I had been. Not crystal clear by any means, but clear enough to get up, brush myself off, and get going on getting "SOBER" and getting on track so I can live right again.

"Enjoying the moment" has been gone for quite some time, I remember what it is like, and I am experiencing it daily again---not all day---but parts of everyday. A true blessing for me. I had NO HOPE for that almost 8 months, and enjoying "some moments" has given me the hope I need to get in deep with all of this and start again.

I'm new here, not to AA, but to here. I hope to get to know some of you.

Just reading what you all have written has been very helpful to me here lately. So, thanks for sharing!
GINA

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:34 am

Hi Gina, just browsing this afternoon. A slow day in the office in Singapore.

There is a fellow here from Scotland been living in Singapore for years. He was here when I tried the program in Singapore in 2004 and told me a story that made me say ### glad I'm not that bad. Well my story is that I have been in and out of AA for 18 years until last December 20th when I finally got in and let it be :) I had actually gotten just to the same point as this fellow had shared and worse and funny thing was I was sitting in a hotel room way back drinking and accidently phoned the bugg#$r damn hate when that happens.

We'll he's out after 10 years. Came to a morning meeting last Sunday and I had a chance to share about calling him that time accidently etc. he on the other hand had just flown in and been drinking all night and a few brewskies for breakfast. What struck me and I think he's been out now for about 3 weeks or so is how he makes no sense what so ever from what you would expect someone to sound like who at least had 10 years in if that makes sense. Stuff that sounds more llike somone who has never seen the inside of an AA meeting.

Very strange and sad but hey I'm sober. I guess it is what it is.

Thanks for your message.
Randy
Ranman99

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity