- Giving up on him

Giving up on him

A discussion of topics related to relationships in recovery and treatment

Giving up on him

Postby JudyJersey » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 am

I am sober for 32 days today and bf says he is also sober for 32 days, we go to AA meetings together but I told him he is not sober, he is doing crack that is not being sober, is it? From what I get with AA no substance is sober. He smoke weed on Friday he said well at least it was not crack, oh that makes it ok. Yesterday he finally employed after month and half after being let go from previous job ( relate to this issue) and at 4:00 he as high on crack - he says he loves me and wants to quit but he has said that at least 10 times and I told him it is over at least 10 times and I always give in an take him back, I am stronger now and need to keep being strong I don't want that in my life, but I love him... Yikes - I will stay Sober this will not break me.
JudyJersey

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:26 pm

You're right. He's not sober if he's doing drugs or smoking pot.

All of us here on the forum are here for you. Local meetings will be there for you. You've got a Fellowship of brothers & sisters all around the globe -- nearly 2 million of them -- that are all here for you. :wink:

I know it's tough. My very best wishes for you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

well half giving up on him

Postby JudyJersey » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Going through this no drinking does make you think a lot about what you have done and where you are going in life. I did not need him bringing me down. He has not drank for 59 days as I have not and he has not done any drug for 13 days now, I have to half be with him, he does need support and he is at least attending one AA meeting a week now. Let's all pray that he stays sober not only for me but for HIMSELF
JudyJersey

Return to Relationships in Recovery