- A Pious Predator at the Top Table

A Pious Predator at the Top Table

A discussion of topics related to relationships in recovery and treatment

A Pious Predator at the Top Table

Postby Toast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi, just empting my bin before i go to bed.

Had a great meeting tonight, the chairman shut it early before there was a riot!

We had a ' holier than tho' pious little predator at the top table.

He sat at the top table all humble and holy saying 'I and me' all night long and telling us what bits of AA he doesnt need.
Then he spoke about being mentally well and having clean thoughts?

Then there was two new woman in the room and he told them he's got lots of drink in the house and after a meeting he often lets his female alcoholic neighbour in for a drink?

At the coffee break you could have heard a pin drop, a tornado was on its way!

In the 2nd half one guy set the ball rolling by saying he hadnt a clue what he'd just listened too?

When my turn came i told him he's not mentally well if he's going home from a meeting and helping sick women get sicker, i had to ask what his motive was and a cynic might say he was trying to get her drunk so he could get the pants off her.

Then he got all self rightious saying this what he has to put up with, the constant bullying and harrasment everytime he expresses his opinions!

The guy who spoke before me hit the roof asking who's bullying him?

I joined him saying he shouldnt be up there and he was nothing but a fraud. I told the 3 newcomers, one man and the two woman, that they could expect to be better than that at 4 years sober and not to take on board a word he said.

The chairman jumped to his feet and said' would you like to join me in the Serenity Prayer' and the predator legged it!

So will someone please tell me not to go to his home group on Monday night and bop the wee phoney!

Ah, i feel better already............................
Toast

Re: A Pious Predator at the Top Table

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

LOL. Sorry I missed out on the fun at that meeting! Well. Maybe, the meeting tonight will be similar. :-)
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks Dallas, every fibre in my body said ' dont let him away with it!'
Toast

Postby Dallas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I understand. It seems like the more meetings I go to -- the more opportunity that I have to see that stuff going on. (And, other stuff, too). More than a few times I "resigned from AA" over it. Then, after my nightly 10th Step, I'd be in a meeting the next day. Come to think of it, I can't remember now, when the last time I "resigned from AA". :-) Maybe, I'm not going to enough meetings. LOL.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 am

Guess it was my own fault for going there in the 1st place.

I've avoided meetings in that whole part of the county for a while now and been doing good but every now and then i wonder how there all doing and pop in for a look and come out with a chip on my shoulder.

I was in AA for years and never knew there was much crazy people going around until i got on the programme and stopped being one!

Be well
Toast

Return to Relationships in Recovery