- Friends

Friends

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Friends

Postby 918gma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:25 am

I think I'm begining to relise that being single and in recovery, we are still at the point where we are just learning to interact with people. How to talk to them. Our growth in so many areas of our lives was stunted by the alcoholic behaviors that we really don't know how to have normal relationships. It's all part of the learning process. We seem to need each other to practice on, to strech our selves out there and see what happens. What safer place than right here in AA.

I think weve already discovered that we were a little different from our fellows even before we started drinking. At least I did. And this is really all new to us. It's kind of fun. Almost like being a kid again. In some ways I actually do feel younger since I've gotten sober.

Maybe I'm all wet but I think this is just part of the whole learning process for us. A safe place to grow, ask questions, get awnsers and practice what we are learning.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am

Well, I know that AA is much about helping others...

One day, one of my sober buddies and I saw a coffee cup that said, "Use your friends wisely!" We laughed so much that people would have probably thought we were drinking, because we were having so much fun.

We talked about, how in AA, we're taught to "Use your friends, wisely!" (Probably not in the same concept that was on the cup... but in the AA way).

I like to volunteer... and be of service... and make God smile...

so, in regards to:
We seem to need each other to practice on, to stretch our selves out there and see what happens.

If ya'll need someone to practice on....

I'm willing to sacrifice and be of service. Use me wisely!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hee hee!!!!

"Smile and be happy... and the world will turn your way!"

Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery