- What can you do for the man/woman who is still sick?

What can you do for the man/woman who is still sick?

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

What can you do for the man/woman who is still sick?

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:40 am

What can you do each day for the man/woman who is still sick?

"Our book is meant to be suggestive only. We realize we know only a little. God will close constanly disclose more to you and to us. Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do for each day for the man who is still sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But obviously you cannot trasmit something you haven't got. See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others. This is the great fact for us."

A VISION FOR YOU
~ Alcoholics Anonymous, page 164
Dallas
Site Admin

what can you do for the still sick 'alcoholic'

Postby loosh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:07 pm

NOTE. I do not pronounce anyone as being an alcoholic/sick....I let them know that i am a recovered alcoholic...i ask them about their drinking....if they can usually stop once they've started..after having had a few ?...and share a bit of my experiences...and why i stopped....IF i think they are real alcoholics....i share further re physical allergy and mental obsession ...and depending on the 'chat' experiences from them...i will decide on whether or NOT...to mention higher power/god 'angle'...i will IF they are interested suggest an aa meeting to which i'd accompany them..which type ?...depends on what i think would suit them.
loosh

what can you do for the still sick

Postby knny913 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:14 am

Good Evening loosh,
That is a really good question, " What can we do for the still suffering?"
As my sponsor put it once, when I asked him "How far must I go to help someone?", he said "as far as you can....then one step further!".
So as you and I all know, we cannot save or help everyone, though we wish we could, not everyone wants what we have, but the ones that do want it, we can offer our knowledge, the truth, our love, and the answers (as laid out in the BB). As most of the BB is devoted to the answer we have all sought, how and where to find that all elusive Higher Power, that is My (our) goal, to help someone else to realize that everything they, and us, has been searching for, is right here inside of us, all we have to do is follow our hearts, we don't have to look for a Higher Power, He, She, or It is always, and always has been, right here with us, all we have to do is be willing and openminded enough to understand what he, She, or It is trying to tell us. But the operative word here is THEY must be willing. So as I have seen in other feeds on this site, we have to be patient and tolerant, until the miricle starts to work in them.
Thanks for letting me share.
Kenny
knny913

Postby loosh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks KNNY 913....For your open-minded response...re higher Power....as the b/b wisely states 3rd. edition Bill's story page 12...."It was only a matter of being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself " Etc. ....
loosh

Return to Sponsors Forum