- When to let go

When to let go

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Postby TrailerTrashDood » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Where is the description of this problem (or something similar) in the book? I want to read it. I just gave up on sponsoring.
TrailerTrashDood

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Chapter 7 -- Working with others.
Also see some great tips in the chapter to Employers.
And, a few in the chapter to the Wives.
And, a few in The Family Afterward.

Most of it is delt w/ in Chapter 7, but the other suggestions in the other chapters mentioned above -- in concert w/ Chapter 7, are great.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby TrailerTrashDood » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Greetings, thanks for the response. You're right, there's a lot of good tips in there (Favorite: "After all, our problems were of our own making"...). I just went through this section of the book a couple weeks ago, just for fun - but I read it again specifically looking for things to apply to this exact situation.

However, I am either too literal minded or something, because I can't find anything in here about what to do when sponsees don't want to do any maintenance, then find a reason to fire me when I bring it to their attention. (Usually I bring it up really nicely & in private, the first time - then I wait a while & try it again, then I read them the riot act, then if that doesn't work & they keep pretending I never said anything I tell them in front of someone else, so they can't pretend I didn't tell them...) I know by then I should just shut up & let them go out, but for some perverse reason I consider myself to be almost like their guardian & its my job to keep them from doing this ####, whether or not they want to hear about it.

In any case I'm going to go thru this all a 3rd time and see if its in there, maybe I can separate some 1-liners from the text of the BB & apply them to this situation or something.
TrailerTrashDood

Previous

Return to Sponsors Forum