- Working with others #1 - Why some get it – and others don’t

Working with others #1 - Why some get it – and others don’t

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Working with others #1 - Why some get it – and others don’t

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Working with others #1

Why some get it – and others don’t.

Note: When I started writing this I thought it was going to be much shorter in length – when I recognized how long it would be – I decided to break it up into sections – and this will be the first part of a presently unknown number of sections.

Naturally, one of the most heart-breaking experiences is when we have been working with another alcoholic, they showed positive signs of recovery, and then – they return to drinking. Knowing the cunning, baffling and powerful aspects of alcoholism – we know what we are up against, we know what the newcomer is up against – and unfortunately – it takes some newcomers a long time to figure out that they are up against the most brutal enemy that they will ever face – their own alcoholism. And, the fact is, that regardless of how much some of them want sobriety -- many of them do not get it.

I doubt if we will ever know all the answers to “why many of them do not get itâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sponsors Forum