- I got joy, joy, joy joy ....

I got joy, joy, joy joy ....

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

I got joy, joy, joy joy ....

Postby tim-one » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 am

I just love my HP! He's my kinda God. And He's funny as can be.

We laugh our spiritual fannies off every day. I've talked to Him about it before, making sure that He doesn't mind that I talk and joke with Him so lightly. He's given me several verifications to assure me that He thinks I'm a riot, too. :lol:

Like this:

A couple of weeks ago, I had some really disturbing (for her) things to tell my wife the same day.

1. I had lost a gravy job that paid me $430/wk for doin' nuthin'. I knew it was coming, I was glad when it happened for several reasons. But she would see money not comin' in.

2. I (w/HP guidance) decided to settle a business complaint to the tune of $5200. I, again was very pleased and totally at peace with the decision. It was the next right thing. I had the serene courage to accept a thing that I COULD change, thank only HP. But ... wife.

Before I went downstairs, I handed it over to HP. I'd handed the situations over a long time ago. I was handing my wife over. "Take my wife ... PLEASE". :D

"Father, you know I trust You implicitly and without reservation. I need You to take charge of this. I know You will have it work out perfectly whether I like it or not. Your will only. Do THAT."

Now this one is something I've always said to people in humor. Now I say it to HP. Only HE understands how it NOW makes perfect sense to me:

"'Ight, Lord. I'm ready. We gotta do this thing. Let's go. Follow me, I'm right behind Ya."

I immediately coulda swore I heard Him mutter, "Who's WE, General Custer. She scares me."

:lol: Perfect. I'm going to tell this bad news to my wife laughin' my azz off. :lol: SOOO inappropriate!

So I sit her down and say, "I've got to tell you what's going on today."

God's outside PRAYING for me ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When it was over, I said, "Coast is clear, Lord. You can come back now."

Laughter is THE best thing HP did to me! It's carried me through many a suffering, even when I was in my worst spiritual condition. (I'll do my "Samson" attitude sometime ... you know, Delilah cut his hair?)

My every morning prayer includes, "Be happy today, Father. We need a happy God. And You're just the One who can pull it off."

Oh, believe me ... my days are full of awed worship, loving adoration,
humble submission, grateful tears, et.al. But joy is my Samson-hair. And NOBODY AND NUTHIN, even booze, has been able to cut it. HP has been dulling that blade for me even when I didn't desrve or WANT His protection. Bless His Holy, Holy, Holy heart!

I just love my HP. That's all. I mean that's ALL.

Love,
Tim1

PS: Rule 62 - "Don't take yourself so dam seriously." :wink:
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Tim-1 wrote:God's outside PRAYING for me ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure hope He's praying for both of us!!! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity