- I will?

I will?

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

I will?

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 pm

I think this has greatly helped me realize one day at a time. Knowing there is no tomorrow.

"I will ..." has become in normal, a prediction of the future. Not just intent, but this is what I'm going to do.

Looking it up, as I am proneto do :wink: I found an interesting little twist to take the word "will" back to it's original meaning. INTENT.

Ive started practicing in my normal speech to say "I will to ..."

"This is what I intend to do. Let's see if that works into HP's plan too."

I dunno. Might try it a few times and see if you get the same tiny mind-twist I did.

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby angel143 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Ya know Timmy....

Its funny, thats what I have been doing these last few weeks. Not every single time. But sub-consciencely (sp) I find myself doing that when I am faced with something difficult or something I dont know how to handle.

I also find myself doing it when I talk with my boss...but sometimes it comes out all whiny "i will toooooooo!" lol.

My patient is one of my companies most difficult cases for many reasons. I am the only nurse that has lasted with her for more than a day or a week. The family doesnt speak any english...and I speak NO spanish...makes for fun convos :wink: When the Dr's or the case mgrs or therapists need anything, they talk with me. When the patient needs anything, I take care of it. I get called on my off days, use to be at all hours till I started turning off my phone at night...just to handle things. No, I dont get paid for that stuff...she needs it, so I do it.

But im the go to person for her. I use to say yeah, ok, i think I can do it. Now I say, I intend to get that done by such and such a time! Its amazing how different things are when you look at it from that point of view.

Anyways, now that I have rambled you to sleep....

Thanks so much for your great outlook

Heather
angel143

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:43 pm

ahem ... uh ... hack ... uh ... huh? Did you say sumthin?

Anyways, now that I have rambled you to sleep....

:lol:

Heathy,

I'm lovin' your attitude, girl.

sometimes it comes out all whiny "i will toooooooo!" lol.

Would you like some whine with your ORDER? :lol:

That's ok. Willingness without obedience is dead. And none of us (I have a book that says so) is cool all the time.

"At some of these we balked. We exclaimed, 'WHAT? An ORDER'?" :P

It's so kind and diligent of you to make yourself available like that. What an angel. :wink:

You go, girl.

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Timmy wrote:Willingness without obedience is dead.
:lol: 8)

That's kind of what my sponsor told me... I think... Except he said it to me this day:

"You just do it regardless if you're willing or not! That's the way we do things around here that keep us sober... I don't care if you're willing or if you want to do it... sobriety is about doing the right thing to do -- when we don't want to do it and when we're not willing to do it. Just do it!"

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity