- Now?

Now?

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Postby angel143 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:27 am

Rare...heck...just go with seared!!! Thats the best...well, when its good meat anyway. There is an incredible place here that has an awesome chef...he makes it just perfect.

So...HP likes chicks....and dogs....hmmm....sounds a smart HP. :wink:
angel143

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm

AAawwwww, y'all ... yer grokkin' my heart. Yer get'n it. Redeeming the good things we've perverted.

Yeah, HP love a nice romanticalistic evening. He made us both beautiful and gave us each other to enjoy, love, appreciate, care for and make more of so He would have more of us to love. More opportunities to express His Self.

And we have always acknowledged it.

Steak. Oh. GOD, that's good.

Sex. GOD! Oh, GOD! OOOOOHHHHHMAGOD !!!!!

Love. You're my sweetheart. I just love you ... that's all. I mean That's ALL. HP just loves me ... That's ALL.

Dogs. Man's best friend. They appreciate our attention and care SO much. Much like I do HP's. If I only had a tail !

Ain't it grand?

If you were me ... I mean ... whatever.

Just thank God every chance you get. Say I love you, just like you do your wife, husband, children ...

And enjoy EVERYTHING He gave you to the max. Now that we know, we can "unpervert" all of it.

HAhahahaha .. I just remembered. I have a little humor thing I say when I'm hot and sweaty and somebody hands me a cold water.

DAAM, that's good stuff. Somebody shoulda invented it! :wink:

All you need is love, da dadadadaaaa. All together now .... :lol:

Tim1
tim-one

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:04 pm

sorry ... fergot,

You and me, Heathy ... burned on the outside bleed'n on the inside. Or just kick it in the ankle and run it by the table. :lol:
tim-one

Postby angel143 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Timmy...I dont know how they do it in yer parts...but seared is NOT burned on the outside...its seared...lightly cooked...and the inside is so raw, they call it blue!!! But hey...as long as its good steak and slightly mooing...im a happy girl!

mmmmmmm mmmmmm good!!!!

And I enjoy, love, and appreciate all of you!!!
angel143

Postby garden variety » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I read my first post in this thread before I posted about last night. It is pretty awesome how changes just come about. I'm not the same man today.

Why on earth I would have ever preferred to numb myself out, or block a spiritual path by drinking myself to death just doesn't make a lick of sense. It's baffling. Then I held onto being miserable even after I stopped drinking, by thinking "How can I ever have a good time without drinking?"...it is just incredible. I never knew what a "good time" was until I began to achieve sobriety.

Heather, I'm sensing what we're posting gives you some hope that fulfilling romantic/intimate relationships are possible while sober. For me, this is no BS. I've had a few relationships while sober, obviously all but one has ended. But it was like starting out new again. It was like I never had a real relationship ever before. It was like I never experienced sex the way it happens today - ever before.

The first relationship involving sex after I became sober was incredible. I NEVER felt that way before. I never felt the intensity, and I never EVER experienced those "butterflies" people feel when they are first "in love" until then. You might as well say it was like being a virgin, because learning how to love a companion was something I never learned until I got sober.

Even though there have been heartbreaks along this path, I still have fond memories, and I don't have regrets because I know I gave each "former girlfriend" the best of who I was growing to become today. I wanted to be in love, and I give my best effort at a relationship, and I've had much more than a single chance to love another human being as a companion. For me today, I cherish the woman who is my sweetheart more than I ever thought I could, and more than anyone else before her. For me it's like living in a dream world - like in that 4th dimension I could never have imagined.

By the way, yes I seared the steaks last night, 3/4" boneless New York Strip seared to perfection. Those darn steaks almost brought tears to our eyes they were so good!

So to add hope to your vision, yes "steaks and romantic evenings" are very much a part of the picture of my sober life. Like someone else said, this is how I'm learning God as I understand Him expresses Himself. There's a lot of "naysayers" and well-intentioned longtimers and sponsors that create fear and confusion so a person is afraid to "get involved" with another in companionship. That isn't what the steps are about. That isn't what sobriety is about. Bill Wilson says we are learning how to live life as new people, with caring hearts and we got the book to help us build a "sane ideal" about our intimate encounters. Go to page 69 and start reading - and you'll know where I'm coming from.

In my opinion, the very best of our lives, including relationships, lie right in front of us today and RIGHT NOW. I used to live in so much fear, and it still creeps in now and again. But "changing the way I look at things" - that is doing the work on changing my attitude from the inside to the outside - lets me enjoy life for the first time. The program, God, and the fellowship have taught me that it might be unnerving to leave myself vulnerable, but I'll never love unless I am vulnerable to heartbreak.

I read about how hurt that Jewish carpenter felt about these things and what he went through - especially his last day. Yet he found love that knew no limits. For me, heartbreak is a risk worth taking to discover love and intimacy the way it's happened to me - I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So get started on firing up your grilles boys and girls!

Live, love, and laugh...because WE can!
garden variety

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh ... well ... Texas seared is burned on the outside ... about 1/8" deep.

It's the time it cooks that cooks it all the way through. Hotter fire means quicker cookin. That's the problem. Wanting to get a grilled look on the outside, peops leave it on too long. Gets too done in the middle.

Well ... not crispy burned, but grilled lookin'.

Trick is to use a really, really hot flame. Note flame, not coals. The flame should be high enough to reach through the grill. Ya put the meat IN the fire, not ON it.

Slap it on until it smokes and flip it. About 30 seconds each side. And my steaks are thick ... 1 1/2". No less than 1". That enough red for ya? :wink:

Nearly all of the inside is a nice juicy bloody red. With the mesquite smoke and a thin char-grilled layer on the outside.

(sorry, fergot to mention - "mesquite" log FLAME, not charcoal or [eew] gas).

Want it well done, don't use a hot fire so you can cook it linger without cremating it.

Anyway, I found out it still works without a beer. :lol: Go figure.

Tim1
tim-one

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:26 pm

GV,

Sounds like you're just stinkin' sober, bud! :wink:

It's a wonder what we were missing being numb. Little sensations I never felt before ... or at least forgot about.

I certainly understand most AAer's thing about not dating or making important life decisions at first. I know I woulda still screwed it all up and put myself in danger early on. I don'tknow how they can put a time on it ... we don't all recover at the same rate ... but I took that suggestion seriously for myself.

At the same time, I sure did need all of the caring emotional support I could get. Probly wouldn't have been a great time for me to try to FIX my romantic life too soon. I kinda thought I'd let my wife see if I was gonna be worth keepin' :wink: and let her decide when to get closer to me.

Turns out that was a good move for me.

Little things I woulda just not seen or felt a few months ago.

I can give my wife a good healthy passionate kiss now without holding my breath. Now I'm just breathless.

She came home with some gorgeous fresh veggies yesterday. This morning there some were arranged in a pretty suggestive pattern. :wink:

After I walked through the house laughing for a while and it was over. I rearranged them in another way. Added a coupla flavors.

I heard her laughing from upstairs. When she laughs, I get the warm fuzzies all over.

Later I was going for more coffee and she'd redone 'em again. So I redone 'em again.

We've been doing that all day, just having a fun romantic time of it. Playing with our food.

This is our "pizza and a movie" night. I go to an early meeting so we can have Fri. night. (NUTHIN gets in the way of my meetings. :wink: but they can dam sure move over for my baby.)

We lay all over the sofa spooning and twiddling our toes together and rubbing each other's heads and feets and sharing a little bucket of ice cream ...

Man, I love bein' in love again. Shoot ... this might even be the first time. Feels like the very first time.

Coupla old virgins, huh, Paul? :D

I just love that girl, that's all.

Tim1

PS: Thanks for talking about this, y'all. It's one of the most important and least emphasized parts of a person's life in AA. Even in men's groups, it's played down a bit in the "locker-room" fashion. Real stuff, but still guys are afraid to get all gushy about love. Thanks for your "gush", Paul, ya big squishy guy you. I appreciate it.
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm crawling all over the floor -- fell out of my seat laughing so hard as I read this!!!! Damn we be funny man!!! Ans, spiritual... too!!! :lol: :lol:

Only a real loving God could love drunks like us!!! It's 'cause He's got Humor!!! Like we do!!! He da Good Humor Man!!! :lol: :lol:

What could be more spiritual and good for us -- than laughter and humor! "Clipity Clop Hipity Hop! Just hummin' on down that road of Happy Destiny!!!! And, to think... that I used to buy whiskey and drink it to try to feel this good! I want my money back! :lol: :lol: Drinking short-changed me!!! :x :x

Heathery wrote:Thats the best...well, when its good meat anyway

It's all good meat sweetie! God made it! As long as it still talks back to me when I bite into it... It's good meat!

But,,,, if it just lays there on the table... lookin' all burned up and dried up... and there ain't no juice flowin' out of it... Well... you got to watch out for that kind! Just go grab some PB&J... even if you are allergic to it... because that old dried up meat will break your teeth off when you try to bite into it!

It's best, also, if you're going to get it while you're out -- instead of at home -- that you don't get it too near closin' time either!!! It might look pretty... but, I've got sick a few times with those! Not sure if it was the dirty gril or just the meat was bad! Ecoli in the bowl-eye! Texas bowl that is... Ceramic alter! Porcelain pool! Texas throw 'em! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:29 pm

garden variety wrote:Heather, I'm sensing what we're posting gives you some hope that fulfilling romantic/intimate relationships are possible while sober. For me, this is no BS. I've had a few relationships while sober, obviously all but one has ended. But it was like starting out new again. It was like I never had a real relationship ever before. It was like I never experienced sex the way it happens today - ever before.

The first relationship involving sex after I became sober was incredible. I NEVER felt that way before. I never felt the intensity, and I never EVER experienced those "butterflies" people feel when they are first "in love" until then. You might as well say it was like being a virgin, because learning how to love a companion was something I never learned until I got sober.

This whole site gives me all kinds of hope! But, yes, the hope of a romantic/intimate relationship....thats always something to look forward to. Sober. I wanna be in a constant state of confusion (the good kind), have the butterflies...over a phone call...cause can you imagine what the sparks would be like when you're together! Dance amongst the stars together.

I know...I sound sappy. But hey, listening to you guys...gives me hope that there is man out there who will want to share himself with me...who will see me as an equal, but yet take care of me.

You guys give me hope....I know he is out there....maybe waiting....

Thanks
angel143

Postby angel143 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Dallas wrote:I'm crawling all over the floor -- fell out of my seat laughing so hard as I read this!!!! Damn we be funny man!!! Ans, spiritual... too!!! :lol: :lol:

Only a real loving God could love drunks like us!!! It's 'cause He's got Humor!!! Like we do!!! He da Good Humor Man!!! :lol: :lol:

You boys are funny, I will give ya that much!

Dallas wrote:What could be more spiritual and good for us -- than laughter and humor! "Clipity Clop Hipity Hop! Just hummin' on down that road of Happy Destiny!!!! And, to think... that I used to buy whiskey and drink it to try to feel this good! I want my money back! :lol: :lol: Drinking short-changed me!!! :x :x

I hear ya...but...I cant ask for my money back, cause I was blessed (haha) to have friends that owned a bar....yeppy me drinky for free! So not good for a drunk to have friends that own a bar!!!! Especially when they ordered the good stuff....daily! Ugh.

Dallas wrote:
Heathery wrote:Thats the best...well, when its good meat anyway

It's all good meat sweetie! God made it! As long as it still talks back to me when I bite into it... It's good meat!

Ok...meat that talks back to ya...noted! I happen to agree with ya there too....I like my meat talkin back to me too!

Dallas wrote:But,,,, if it just lays there on the table... lookin' all burned up and dried up... and there ain't no juice flowin' out of it... Well... you got to watch out for that kind! Just go grab some PB&J... even if you are allergic to it... because that old dried up meat will break your teeth off when you try to bite into it!

And yet again..I agree...dried up meat, no juice==bad meal!!!!

Dallas wrote:It's best, also, if you're going to get it while you're out -- instead of at home -- that you don't get it too near closin' time either!!! It might look pretty... but, I've got sick a few times with those! Not sure if it was the dirty gril or just the meat was bad! Ecoli in the bowl-eye! Texas bowl that is... Ceramic alter! Porcelain pool! Texas throw 'em! :wink:

Ok....well...I will try to remember that as well!

Thanks.... :wink:
angel143

PreviousNext

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety