- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:40 pm

Hello and Welcome!

My name is Dallas, I am alcoholic, a sober member of AA, and kind of like the Step12.com "take care of it" person! :lol:

We have members who sign up for the forum and then, for whatever reason, we never hear from them. That’s similar to going to a meeting and never introducing yourself.

Perhaps you are shy, like me! And, you might not speak unless someone introduces themselves first!

So this forum is just for you new or regular members!

If you would like to introduce yourself or tell us about you, and even go so far to let us know if you would like to have some of us communicate with you, now is your chance!

Just write about you!!!! We're keeping this one simple!

And, I welcome any of you to contact or communicate with me!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby jimvbaumann » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Greetings All. My name is Jim and I'm an alcoholic. I've never been too afraid to admit that, but there have been times when I'm afraid to do anything about it. I say that because I am not a first time winner at this, and what has usually destroyed my sobriety in the past is self-centered fear.

I am a 41 year old married father of two kids. I came back into the rooms on March, 12 2005. I almost lost everything that last time out there, which really means that I almost lost my family, because I don't consider myself materialistic so I don't care about the things I possess. I don't have to worry about losing my car because I don't drive. I am still serving my suspension for my third DWI ten years ago. Because of the circumstances behind that DWI, it may be another three years before I get my license back. But the funny thing about alcoholism is that I didn't care at the time if I lost my family. To be honest, I think that is what I was looking for so I could be left alone to drink. Thank God it didn't go that far.

Anyway, here it is seven months later and I am in a much better place. I have and talk regularly with a sponsor, which I didn't my first time around and never really used the one I had my second time in. I am working the steps honestly (I've been working on my fourth most recently), not half-assed the way I did in the past. And I'm taking more commitments which scare the hell out of me but I know it's what I need to do and I always feel better afterward.

I don't know what else to add at this time. I feel grateful that I have a program to work this time and a sponsor who cares enough about me to see that I get it. My home life has improved a hundred fold. I know I still have a lot of work to do, but so far it has all been worth it.
jimvbaumann

Postby Angel » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi Angel Again..I forgot to say "Hi I'm Linda and I'm an Alcoholic and Addict" Thanks :wink: Hey, I still can't get color..arrrrgggggg!! :?
Angel

my name is ???

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:51 pm

hi, my name is Rusty hi Jim, welcome! if ya hang around. you'l get to know me. and Angel, hello, and just couldnt resist. ??? where is your color ??? lol, lmassoff :lol: oh!, let me finish. my name is Rusty, Pink Cloud, Patrick, or the Ass! and i'm an alcoholic! after 49 years of doing it my way, and without a break i might add. now! 2- 1/2 years clean, sober, trusting, believing, and living a life beyond my wildest dreams! things that used to baffle me, somewhat no longer do. lol! fear of myself, and economic insecurities are no longer! ### i just ignore the bills, just kidding #### my point, i have freedom from the bondage of myself. no more self-absorbtion. and if, and when it creaps in ### The Band of Gypsy's in my head #### i can be aware enough to cast it out. the fellowship of Alky's A. has changed my life. i can live it now, not run from it. yup, i'm not glum! rule#62 a big part of my life. if you folks dont know what that is. please ask. i would be happy i have anyone willing to stay sober, or having trouble contact me. be it on the site, on a PM, or even instant message. i know this is a long intro. but i'm an alky, its stil all about me lol! someday when Dallas, or Mr BB as i call my friend. start a page on persional stories. i will tell mine. The Power That Be willing so good wishes to all. "One Day at a Time" xoxo Rusty, PC, Patrick, or the Ass :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Hi everyone

Postby samantha » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi, my name is Samatha and I'm an alcoholic. My sobriety date is November 13, 1983. My home meeting was is Manhattan Beach, CA but then the community moved our meeting place to Hermosa Beach, CA
I'm know up here in Northern California.
I am committed to my program. I read a chapter from the BB, and I
study one of the 12 steps a month, which is now teh 10th step.
I go to 1 AA meeting a week, also, 1 Al-anon meeting a week. I also go to 1 meeting which is a support group for me re. m husbands illness.
I walk my 16 yr old dog and my 1 yr puppy every day. That is very fun for me, while I'm also getting my exercise too. While I'm walking the dogs, I'm usually going over what AA material I had read for that day. mty, my dogs are Dachsunds.
I have a sponser, and I sponser others, I just have one right now.
I love sobriety. I love to hear about recovery. I love to hear AA talk.....
I read mystery novels. I have four beautiful children. I am blessed because they do love me. I didn't start drinking until my last child was born. I drank while I raised them, so you can imagine what I put them through.
I love my sponser and my AA friends.
thanks for letting me go on so much about myself........
Samantha :lol: I love these little smily faces.
samantha

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:50 pm

Samantha! simply welcome! wow! you have a bit'o'time! huh? nice, real nice. you write very peacefull. at least as it reads to me. your the first person that i felt that with. maybe someday, i may have that. yup! another person that has what i want. not alot i run into. , and they do exist. good wishes to you, and your family. please write more. i an alky, and like more! :lol: Sam, may The Power That Be guide you and keep you. xo, Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Welome!!

Postby Angel » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:12 pm

Welcome a board Samatha.. :wink: I 'm so glad your here..12 yrs. (almost 13 yrs.) of sobriety that's awesome. I have five months..My journey thru sobriety has been quite rocky..I've had many slips..but I am so grateful that my H.P. has given me another chance. My last relapse, I ended up in I.C.U. One of the most frightening experience of my life. Samantha, I don't have another recovery in me. If I was to go out again, I would lose everything I have (and most possibly my life) My husband has 25 yrs. in the program and has stayed by my side thru all of this, but I know if there was another time he'd be gone. I don't have a sponsor yet, but I'm keeping my eye open and praying on it. I'm sure when the right person comes along I'll know it. I too have a dog..his name is Rudy..He's my sweetie pie..I love him so much. So, I have to stay sober for him as well. My Rudy is only 2 Yrs old (still a pup) I too have 2 children, their older. My daughter is 26 she lives in Conn. and my son is 28. He suffers from severe mental illness, so he lives with us. I drank all thru my childrens chilhood and I've left some scars, but today they love me again we have a wonderful relationship. Children and puppys have unconditional love, which is a beautiful thing. Thanks for letting me talk you ear off. Hope to hear from you again soon. Thanks..Angel :P
Angel

Thanks for the special welcome.

Postby samantha » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:27 pm

:lol:
Thank ya'lll for you loving welcome. I'm not on the compter too much these days so if you don't hear from me it's not because I went away.

I did get a sponser the very first week of my sobriety. I didn't always like what she suggested that I do to stay sober, but I did it anyway... :? . she suggested that I get a job! Imagine that!....I said "but I had no car!" :? she says, "You take the bus!!!" :lol: I got a job, and I took the bus :P

I only had one of my children with me at this time, I didn't know where the others were, but at least I had her with me.

I keep close to the members of Alcoholics Anonymous that have a good program and that they study the BB. "Talk the BB"

I did lots of panals at the homeless center in Los Angeles. I was homeless myself at one time but not as bad as they were, I came pretty close.
I was very grateful to be with them all because I was in a homeless shelter at one time myself. I did work at the AA hot line and that was being of service. I still do secretary positions. I serve food at the cook kitchens..ect.

What I do most is treasure the love and joy sharing my recovery with all :roll: my people. all the alkys..... :D

Now I'm hung up on this edit option. :roll: do i really have to do this? :oops:
No big deal :roll: somtimes I just can't believe that I talk the way I do.. :?

Do I think that ya'll are really going to notice :wink:

Thanks again for all your welcomes. That was something special for me.

Thank for letting me ramble on, :roll:

Love, Samantha.
Last edited by samantha on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
samantha

thanks for the welcome...

Postby samantha » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:00 pm

:D :o thanks so much for the welcome....to your group. only an Alky knows how to welcome.....we're such a good :lol: special group....
xoxo
Sam
samantha

pull up a chair on my doorstep (or web-step) anytime

Postby musicmode » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Hey all. My name is Anne, I am an alcoholic/addict.

I've been in the program for 5 years, and without further excuses, reasons, explanations...I haven't drank for 3 years. That doesn't mean I've been sober...it took a while for me to give up marijuana (I know this is an alkies forum only), but--without further a-do, I have only recently reset my date...November 11, 2005 (Rememberance/Armistice Day, an easy one to "remember"). In a heartbeat, the compulsion for alcohol was removed...and-in a sudden, unforeseen, hair-pin turn...the compulsion for marijuana was also removed. As much as I (key word there) wanted to stop, I could not...no human power. As you get to know me, you will find that my sense of humor is--well--right along with everyone else's, from what I've seen here so far. Mine is dry, off-the-cuff, sometimes off-color, and timed really bad out in "the real world". Through the program, I am being re-introduced to who I really am...the good, the bad, and the ugly, and I am learning, day by day, to accept--and laugh at myself. I have my moments :evil: , but now I realize--so does everybody else :twisted: . I'm a rocker (musician-though I don't make my living doing that anymore), liking all kinds of music, I've began college and am striving for a career in the corrections area. I have 2 daughters, married (though temp. seperated), and I live in southern Alberta (Taber), about 45 minutes from the 49th parallel. I grew up in the foothills at the base of the rockies, and--whether I like it or not (and-I like it), I tend to be a little "hillbilly-ish/redneck-ish" from time to time. I'm a menagerie that I myself can't quite figure out. At least I know one thing for sure about myself...I am an alcoholic, and for me, that's one of the blocks in my foundation--at least that much, I know for sure. Thanks guys & gals. Easy Does It! Anne M. :wink:
musicmode

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery