- )))))RESENTMENTS(((((

)))))RESENTMENTS(((((

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby tim-one » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 am

That's the real deal, Danni,

"My enemy is out to kill me. And my enemy is ME."

"God, grant me the courage to to change the things I can and the wisdom to know that's ME."

I like the little AA quickies. Real handy. Lots of good ones in "Things heard in meetings".

"I have to remember when people push my buttons that I don't have any buttons I didn't install myself."

Now where did I put that one. Wish I'd made a wiring diagram.

When I went through step 4 surgery, I was tickled that I was going to have a short step 7 prayer ... I only had 2 defects ... selfishness and self-seeking.

Hhhmmmm. common denominator ... self.

COOL ! I only have ONE defect !

"Ok, HP ... REMOVE ME."

Thanks, Danni.

Love ya, bro.
Tim1
tim-one

Postby JayWalker » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks for your insight and sharing Danni. It’s a pleasure to meet a fellow student of the Program for Living. Kudos for including the page numbers.

From the 12 & 12, page 42-43 - “Step Four is our vigorous and painstaking effort to discover what these liabilities in each of us have been, and are. We want to find exactly how, when, and where our natural desires have warped us. We wish to look squarely at the unhappiness this has caused others and ourselves. By discovering what our emotional deformities are, we can move toward their correction. Without a willing and persistent effort to do this, there can be little sobriety or contentment for us. Without a searching and fearless moral inventory, most of us have found that the faith which really works in daily living is still out of reach.â€
JayWalker

Postby GeoffS » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Ok we've done all the sitting round debating and considering how helpful step 4 is...Anyone up for actually taking it, or am I being radical to suggest such a thing?????
GeoffS

Postby angel143 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Well...I am about to embark on that journey tonight....so tomorrow...

I will probably be a big ball o mess!!!!

But it will be GREAT!!!
angel143

Postby Susan68 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm

GeoffS wrote:Ok we've done all the sitting round debating and considering how helpful step 4 is...Anyone up for actually taking it, or am I being radical to suggest such a thing?????

OH, you are JUST DANgerous today, aren't you?
Susan68

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics