- 32 years and NO SPONSOR ~ YET ! ! !

32 years and NO SPONSOR ~ YET ! ! !

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

32 years and NO SPONSOR ~ YET ! ! !

Postby schooner » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Gang

My sponsor passed 4 yrs. ago and I've not had a sponsor since.
My sobriety date is: 9/16/'76

I just started sponsing a new guy and he's got 22 days.

However, for me I'm looking 4 a sponsor.

Remember TIME is not that important when it comes the my DISEASE OF ALCOHOLISM :twisted: !!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Schooner 8)
schooner

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey schooner!!! How ya doing?

Did you ever call the Las Vegas Intergroup Office and get the specifics for "The Specific Group?"

Unfortunately, I think that meeting was tonight... but, you'll want to head over to that meeting and look for a guy named Bob D. (founder of that meeting)... He'll be able to help you out.

If you have trouble getting his info let me know.

Or, when you call the LV Intergroup office, if they won't give you Bob's number... ask them to look on their "12 Step List" and for them to call him for you, and have them give him your number.

If I didn't have a sponsor... Bob D., is the guy I'd call. (He's also sponsored by my Sponsor, I know him and I highly recommend him. If he doesn't become your sponsor, he can help point you to some of his recommendations for you to check out).

Here's the info for Central Office:

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA A.A. Las Vegas A.A. Intergroup 1431 East Charleston Blvd #7 Las Vegas NV 702 598-1888 http://www.lvcentraloffice.org

I was just up in Henderson, a few weeks ago... Gee's... I missed out on having you treat me to coffee and breakfast! :lol:

I hope you're doing well and that life is treating you good!

Best regards,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

HEY DALLAS ~ THANK YOU ! ! !

Postby schooner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Dallas wrote:Hey schooner!!! How ya doing?

Did you ever call the Las Vegas Intergroup Office and get the specifics for "The Specific Group?"

Unfortunately, I think that meeting was tonight... but, you'll want to head over to that meeting and look for a guy named Bob D. (founder of that meeting)... He'll be able to help you out.

If you have trouble getting his info let me know.

Or, when you call the LV Intergroup office, if they won't give you Bob's number... ask them to look on their "12 Step List" and for them to call him for you, and have them give him your number.

If I didn't have a sponsor... Bob D., is the guy I'd call. (He's also sponsored by my Sponsor, I know him and I highly recommend him. If he doesn't become your sponsor, he can help point you to some of his recommendations for you to check out).

Here's the info for Central Office:

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA A.A. Las Vegas A.A. Intergroup 1431 East Charleston Blvd #7 Las Vegas NV 702 598-1888 http://www.lvcentraloffice.org

I was just up in Henderson, a few weeks ago... Gee's... I missed out on having you treat me to coffee and breakfast! :lol:

I hope you're doing well and that life is treating you good!

Best regards,

Dallas B.

Hi Dallas

First and foremost THANK YOU -4- the contact info to reach Bob D.

I left my name & home phone # @ central office.

The fellow there said he'd pass my phone # to Bob.

Question Dallas

R - U - from Las Vegas ?

Take Care
GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY

Schooner 8)
schooner

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Question Dallas

R - U - from Las Vegas ?

No. Not from Las Vegas. I did live there for a while -- long time ago when I was playing music. And, I used to visit often.

On my last trip to Las Vegas, I was also checking out maybe buying a house there. Trying to figure out where I want my next landing spot to be!

I've always loved Las Vegas. Started going there when I was about six years old -- with my family.

I love lights, action, noise, music, things to do... I like to keep busy... and the people in Las Vegas are great! Also, it's close to some really awesome natural things like Mt. Zion National Park, the dam, the lake, etceteras. They also have some pretty good AA there, too!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

BOB D. called

Postby schooner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Dallas wrote:
Question Dallas

R - U - from Las Vegas ?

No. Not from Las Vegas. I did live there for a while -- long time ago when I was playing music. And, I used to visit often.

On my last trip to Las Vegas, I was also checking out maybe buying a house there. Trying to figure out where I want my next landing spot to be!

I've always loved Las Vegas. Started going there when I was about six years old -- with my family.

I love lights, action, noise, music, things to do... I like to keep busy... and the people in Las Vegas are great! Also, it's close to some really awesome natural things like Mt. Zion National Park, the dam, the lake, etceteras. They also have some pretty good AA there, too!

Dallas

Hey Dallas

Bob D. got in touch with me a few hours ago. 7/2/'09
He'll be await @ an A.A. conferrence I blelieved he said. However, I'm to call him on: July 9th and we'll have coffee together.

Again Dallas Thanks - 2 - U :wink:

GOD BLESS
RAY M.
a.k.a.
Schooner 8)
schooner

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Yep. You'll like Bob. He does spend a lot of time speaking at AA Conventions and Conferences all around the world. He's a good guy!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Schooner, nice to hear from you yours was one of the first stories I read when I first came to this site thank you for sharing it !!!

hope your meeting with Bob goes well (I`m sure it will ) I dont have a sponsor at this time either
(I wonder if Dallas knows any women in Tampa :) )

Good Luck and GOD BLESS

please keep in touch & let us know how it goes with you and Bob and with your new sponsee

nice to meet you your Sister in the fellowship Cessie
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey Cess,

My best lead for a sponsor in the Tampa, area, would be to ask Sandy B.

(If he can't sponsor you - just in case you'd consider a male sponsor, and I don't know if he sponsors women or not...) I'm sure he can refer you to a great woman sponsor there.

I think you know how to contact him, don't you?

Let me know if you need help locating him.

Best wishes,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sponsors Forum