Making Amends to Wally P.

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.
Dallas
Site Admin

Making Amends to Wally P.

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 am

I've been searching through the forums here and found some of my posts that seemed to me -- that they could have been interpreted by someone else -- to be pretty rough comments in regards to Wally P., and Back to Basics. They were not intended to be critical, or harsh, but I could see that I wasn't careful enough in the communication of my ideas -- that it might appear to some -- that I was criticizing Wally and B2B. (Email me if you want a link to the B2B site I can't post it here...)

Wally, I'll contact you directly to make my amends directly to you. I'm also posting this here in the forum -- because this was the place that I did the wrong. So, I'm acknowledging it here.

To the others on the site:

If you come across any messages here that I have posted -- that have the appearance of being inappropriate ... in regards to Wally or anyone else... I encourage you to please help me locate them by sending me a link to them... so that I can make amends. I've been trying to locate and remove the one's that I could notice might appear offensive or inappropriate. (And, the one's that were!)

I'll do my best to do my best -- in the future. And, with your help, I'll be able to do a better job of it.

There are some pukes that deserve harsh criticism (Wally is not one of them, he has been doing a great work for the Fellowship)... However, I don't need to be the one to give them the harsh criticism that they deserve. :lol:

There are times when a puke thinks I'm criticizing them.... when I'm not criticizing them... and, that's not my business or my problem. It's their problem. It's a result of their "thinking about their self" that makes them think I'm criticizing them. I can't take responsibility for their thinking. That's their deal and I can't do anything about it.

Now, if you are reading this and you think I'm referring to you -- that's your thinking -- it isn't my thinking. So, if it offends you -- change your thinking.... if you don't want it offending you. If I could change your thinking -- I would have done so a long time ago! :wink:

Only you can stop pitying yourself and whining about it. I can't do that for you.

If I'm criticizing you -- I'll be sure to let you know! I promise you I won't be hiding it with subtle inferences -- if I've criticized you I will admit it and I won't deny it. When in doubt -- just ask. It's that simple. :wink:

Best regards,

Dallas B.

Return to “Addiction Recovery Stories”