- How do I know if I have a problem with alcohol?

How do I know if I have a problem with alcohol?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby tim-one » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 am

:shock:

You called your sponsor at 3 in the morning? :shock:

And she came over??? :shock:

Holy cow! If you keep that up, you don't have a chance not to be sober ! :D :D :D

If you keep doing what you're doing, those fearful dreams WILL go away soon. Drinking dreams are very normal. I don't know anyone who hasn't had them. Most of those I've heard don't stop completely, but change and become rare.

I guess I tend to dream about things that are important to me, mostly scary things I'm dealing with. Drinking was so scary that I dreamed it. Sobriety is SO important that I dream about drinking. But now, even my dreams don't drink any more. :)

It's funny, though. My dreams started being ABOUT drinking. At first, I feared it. Then I started having dreams about NOT drinking when I had a chance in a dream. "It works if you work it". I'm not just practicing any more. Sobriety is for real !

For me, the only important thing about my dreams is how I feel when I wake up. It might mean I need to work on something today. When I dream drinking, I wake up more determined to "work it harder because it works". :wink:

One sponsor lady read here and check on me to. Said spelling sucks no good. Get better. I will. I follow instructions.

Spayulling? Your spelling doesn't bother me. MINE does. :P

Obey your sponsor lady no matter how small a thing it seems.

I will. I follow instructions.

What a perfect thing to say! Even more perfect to DO. You're perfect for being sober.

Alicia .... YOU are MY all-time hero now!!! Thanks for helping me stay sober today ! :!:

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Jools » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 am

She said must pray day nite and before sleep and when wake up and during day. Be sure pray before going 2 sleep. She said Gods way letting me know its the little things i do that keep me sober do not forget little things they turn to big things and then we drink again. Said watch out for friends. Dreams can be warning signs.

Wow, it never even occurred to me that God might be telling me something thru dreams. Great advice and I thank you for passing that along to us. Glad to hear you're hanging in.
Jools

Postby Alicia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:03 am

Hi. Alicia alcoholic. Checking in sober. Got through the steps now doing daily steps and working on amends. Most amends are mony that I owe and will take time to pay. Called the people I owe and pay arrangements are made. Life is so good. Apartment spotless. Laundry done. Work is good and boss is happy. Got to go. Alicia sober alcohoic through AA and Gods help and help of sponsors in AA. Bye.
Alicia

Postby Jools » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 am

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing. I think I need to start working with your sponsors, sounds to me like they're doing a great job with you.

And you....you've done all that work in such a short time and you should be very proud of yourself. You're doing wonderful!!

Keep comin' back,
Julie
Jools

Postby Alicia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:48 am

Alicia, sober alcoholic and member of A.A. Good news. My boss called me into his office today and told me that he was proud of me. Tears came to his eyes and he shared some personal things with me. He told me about his daughter that has problems with drugs and alcohol and that she has been to treatment and rehab places several times and always comes out worse than when she entered after a couple of weeks of getting out. He told me that she has been to A.A. before but never experienced what I experienced. She is killing herself. He told me of her sister that died of a drug overdose. I told him that I don’t know why she experienced anything different because I am still so new at this. I told him that my sponsor ladys and myself would help her if she wants it and to give her my telephone number. His daughter just called me and asked if I would help her. Of course I will help. I will meet with her and introduce her to my sponsors. Got to get back to bed and get up early for work. Alica, sober alcoholic through God’s grace and Alcoholics Anonymous.
Alicia

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:00 am

thank you for checking in Alicia , it is so great to see GOD & the program at work in your life and I will Pray for your Boss`s Daughter

thank you for sharing some good oldfashioned A.A. just like our founders right through the steps and on to helping others

GOD BLESS YOU

Cessie
ccs

Postby Alicia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Alicia alcoholic. Checking in. My bosses daughter is one day sober today. This week end she wants to take the steps like I did. She has a girlfriend that says she is alcoholic and wants to take the steps. My sponsor ladys said the girlfriend does not want to stop drinking yet so we wont be helping her do the steps. She has to be willing to stop drinking for good first. Im doing good. Job is good. House is cleaned. I feel happier than ever have felt. Getting class catalogs. Sponsors said I need to go back to school. Alicia alcoholic AA member that is sober.
Alicia

Postby Alicia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Alicia, sober alcoholic checking in. Life is good and making progress on amends. payed off some of the money i owe and working on the others. Bosses daughter took the same steps that i took this weekend with me and my sponsors. my sponsors did most of the work but they let me help to practice so that I can do it with someone when i need to and they might not be there to help me. i can not believe how different she looks and acts. her dad cries every time he thinks about her because he is happy about the change. Have to go now and get ready for a meeting. she is happyer to. bye. Alicia.
Alicia

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:20 am

Its always great to hear from you Alicia I`m so happy that you are doing well and you are helping your Boss`s daughter I`m happy for both of you :D keep up the GOOD work !!!!

GOD BLESS

Cessie
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm

A friend was telling the story of his sponsee(fred) attempting to come to grips with his situation--one morn. about 3am, fred called, and was begging --please tell me- how will I know I have a problem with alcohol? His sponser told him his brother eats peanuts day and night, but he doesn't call me at 3am wanting to know if he has a problem with them!!!! 8)
ROBERT

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober