- QUESTION

QUESTION

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

QUESTION

Postby Memgal306 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:32 am

HI all. My name is Kim & I am an alcoholic. I am fairly new to AA. I have a question - why is it that AA groups discuss the steps according to the months of the year. I ask this silly question because personally I am on step 4. My AA group is discussing STEP 7- humility & humble. Granted, that is a great step and I have written down my thoughts about it. But I just want to know why the steps according to the months of the year. Thanks for reading.
Memgal306

Postby DiggerinVA » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Answer depends on the group. Our 12 and 12 discussions are by chapter rotating by week; except for the traditions are by the month (1st meeting of the month). Now the Daily Reflections are organized by the month so many meetings just follow the calendar. It just sort of fits.

All groups are autonomous, the group actually decides.
DiggerinVA

Postby Dallas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Kim!

In this group here in the forum -- we talk about the Steps everyday!!! So, regardless of which month you're in or which day you're on... we'll talk about any Step that you'd like to talk about!

I have some things posted on Step 4. If you might be interested in it... you can find it at www.step12.com/step-4.html It's just some of my little bit of talking and discussing Step 4.

Again, WELCOME KIM! Nice to have you here!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity