- Dear Friends

Dear Friends

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Dear Friends

Postby 918gma » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:37 am

Today, I celebrate 18 months. I feel nothing shy of total and complete gratitude, because of the recent events in my life, I have come to realize that I almost didn't make it.
The life lessons these past few weeks have taught me have shown me that, alcohol never was my problem. It isn't my problem today, and if I keep my head in the book it never will be. I know that today beyond any shadow of a doubt. My problem is the disease of Alcoholism. And there is no longer any doubt that it is a crippling and deadly disease. I also understand today what it truly means to say that I am willing to go to any length to stay sober and to recover by the grace of my Higher power provided I stick to the program.
If you still have any doubt about the disease, I implore you to study, not read, study the Doctors Opinion and Bills Story. It's all there and it was all there all along, I just didn't have my eyes open. Today I do.
I heard in a meeting tonight that a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. I say this for two reasons, 1) because it's true, and 2) to remind myself and you that when you at a meeting be there, mind body, and spirit. Be where ever your feet are planted at that moment in time. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
918gma

Postby JR » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:09 am

Hey GMA,

Big Congrats on 18 months!!!!!!! :D :D :D

You sound like you are doing better, sure hope so.

Love ya,

JR
JR

Yes

Postby 918gma » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:00 pm

I am learning how to walk today. Did you know that you are supose to do it with your eyes open.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:50 pm

Hey Granny!!! :lol:

You're sure missing out on a prime opportunity to catch up to and pass up the Zip, while he's out trudging and vacationing!!!

Get it out of "Granny Gear" and let's go!!!! Get those fingers hammered down on plastic to plastic and get those words moving! We're waiting on you and your Moments of Clarity!!!

Wake up, girl!!! Time to get up! :lol:

Happy 18 Months... I hope I can have that 2 year cup of coffee and a slice of your birthday cake with you in Arizona!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Thank you every body

Postby 918gma » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:13 pm

I get the message. Get out of self and on the Key Board. Zip's about 30 posts ahead of me. Can't have that. Love you guys. Having a ruff day and as usual you helped but I can't stay on long. I'll be back tonight.

I'm holding you to that 2 year old cup of coffe. If I make it that far, I'm going to need it. LOL :D :) :o :lol: :shock: :?:
918gma

Postby Angel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:38 am

Hi 9 .. Congrats on your 18 months.. :D I just celebrated 7 months on the 29th..and I can relate to your overwheming gratitude. I too am very grateful, and I know My God has a bunch of good stuff in store for me...But the catch is I have to stay sober. (sure does beat the alternatives) Thanks..

Love The Angel :)
Angel

Postby JR » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:56 am

Angel,

Congrats on 7 months!!! :D :D :D Can't wait to read some of your poetry. PC is the one who ratted you out about that. He obviously thinks your a pretty cool Angel.

Love Each Day,

JR
JR

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity