- Hellooooo...

Hellooooo...

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hellooooo...

Postby trinity » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:54 pm

Hi, my name is Trinity and I am an alcoholic. I love that there are sites like this. I was looking for sponsorship info, and I stumbled across Step12.com. It is way cool. I got sober on August 10, 2004 :lol: so I have just over 15 months of sobriety. My sponsor said it's time to get off my lazy ass and start sponsoring some other girls. So, I got my first sponsee on Saturday. I know that the steps are outlayed in the book and all, but what I was really looking for was some good techniques in sponsorship. My first sponsor just had me read, I got it but it seems like there should be more than just reading...So, any suggestions? I'd really like to hear some experience, strength and hope.
I am actively involved with Young Peoples in AA and the girls who have asked me to sponsor them, just wanted me to do so because they think I'm cool. How do I get past that? It might seem lame, but I like that they think I'm cool but it doesn't necessarily mean they want what I have, you know? I don't know, I'm done carrying on. I love this!
trinity

Postby Angel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:04 am

Welcome Trinity..My name is Angel and Iam an alcoholic..I have no suggestions on sponsorship, that's been a rough one for me.. :shock: but glad to have you aboard..We have alot of young people at the club I go too. And I just think they're really awesome!!! Angel :wink:
Angel

Postby JR » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:03 am

Trinity,

Welcome to the site, glad you're here. I've enjoyed all your posts and hope you keep coming to the site to contribute. Thanks. As far as sponsorship, AA has some literature about it that is pretty informative. Also, on the step part of the forum there are some good assignments for people doing the steps. Dallas gave me an assignment for step one and he also put some pretty helpful stuff on the 4th step which is on the home page. I really like my sponsor and she has helped me find meetings and introduced me to people and asks me to call her. She also e-mails me. My sponsor is also helping me do the steps. That is my most recent experience with sponsorship, hope it helps.

Love Each Day,

JR
JR

Postby Spazz » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:39 am

Hi Trinity

My name is Nazz and I am an alcoholic. If it weren't for members like yourself willing to become sponsors, I wouldn't be here. I have laughed, cried, screamed and thrown fits with my sponsor and know matter what, she continues to love me until I can love myself. She often tells me that we help each other climb the steps one day at a time. Not only is she my sponsor, she has become my friend. All the Best with your sponsee and know that your Higher Power, sponsor and AA members is also with you every step of the way.

Nazz (Spazz)[color=indigo[/quote]
Spazz

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:15 am

Trinity, Spazz, nice your both here, wecome! and of course Angel and Jr, a wonderfull good evening to you also. as far as sponsership. ya might go hunting in the archives of this site. somewhere i posted a bit about it. it might have been lost when the site went down. sponsership, like recovery comes in many forms. the do as little as possible, the just dont drink, go to meets, the one step a year, the all the step in first year. the dont call unless ya gunna drink., oh, yes, my fave. lets be friends. all i can tell you, is what worked for me. i reached out, asked for help, came in the rooms, got a sponser....sponsership is like the family tree. carry the message that was handed down, from the sponser, the grandsponser, the great great grand sponser and on. yes, it can get watered down a bit. in Fairfield County, we are lucky. in my town, we have one of, if not the first group that came from the city, NY City. old school AA. the tables afly'n, the fists a fly'n, the sit down, shutup, put the cotton in your mouth type. Disipline, that helps keep a high bottom drunk away from a drink. i went to that kind, and stil do at times, and i'm almost three years clean, sober, and rid'n on that Pink Cloud. my wekend home group ### The Panal of #### is kinda in the middle of hard ass, and willy-nilly! my point, there is no one way.... now i have sponsered, a few people. the site faves, are The Slipper, The Sneaker, and The Loafer. all of them say, i want what you have! i ask, are ya willing? i ask of them, what was asked of me, the sugestions. go to a meets, everyday ### try a 90x90 #### call me ### get in the habbit, in case ya want a drink, or nerved #### talk'n helps take the mind off a drink. ...hit the knees, morn, and night. pray, and pray rightly. in the morn, gratefull, and at night gratitude, that ya made it one more day. ... call another drunk ### helps get over that shy, unique, fearfullness of the alky. and reaching out to another. freely #### read, read, read. The Big Book ### Hi Dallas :shock: #### the 12 & 12, learn what the steps are all about. the new design for living, or how to not get pissed off, angry, and nerved up. :lol: well that s the five sugestions my sponser gave me! ... ohoh, one more thing that worked for me, and i ask of my sponsee. put Rule#62 in to use everyday, if ya can. " Dont take yourself too Damm Serious" or, by, by self, it's all about me, the self-centered alk'y! ... almost forgot, i had a sponsee ### The Intellect #### one day he called, said thanks for all your help, but i leav'n the rooms! he ask me if i wanna know why? of course i say. ready for this one gang. he say, " I Wanna Drink" imangine that???, i say i shure i see you again. sun. night at Anny Night! yep, he there!!! ... the slipper, he mov'n in with me next week, and the loafer, just got a year!!! Bravo Loafer. did anyone of these people follow my sug. some, not all, some made it , some not, i learned not to take anyone of my sponsee's persional. i did learn this the hard way ### Renting Space in My Head, and no pay'a da rent :shock: #### i hope some of what i just shared may be of some use, if not, hand then a $20 Bill, and say, why not go buy yourself a couple 'O'drink's... good wishes, xo The Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:05 am

Hey PC,

Glad to hear from you. I'm glad you reminded us that anything we do to help another alcoholic is 12th step work and helps us stay sober. All I am capable of right now is sharing during, before and after the meeting. I gave my Big Book to a newcomer and that made me feel good too. I had written some stuff in it that Dallas suggested when I was on step one, so I hope it helps her. Anyway, I need another BB, I feel lost without it.

I really don't like sharing, I never have, so I have been forcing myself to share in the meetings. I hope it helps somebody, but mostly I hope I don't drink(selfish). I'm really glad this forum is here because it is so much easier for me to write than talk. I really love my online family and look forward to everything that is said here.

Love Each Day,

JR
JR

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:01 pm

Trinity, RZ, i gunna go post a bit more lado on sponserhip. go see the sponserforum. if ya around. ... oh, " 918gna " didnt forget ya! lol :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:04 pm

JR wrote:I'm glad you reminded us that anything we do to help another alcoholic is 12th step work and helps us stay sober. All I am capable of right now is sharing during, before and after the meeting.

JR... each time you share here, you're helping another alcoholic (and, not just this one!). When you share here, you're giving the gift... that keeps on giving... because this meeting is never over!!! Your sharing here is re-played over and over and over and over again.... 24x7, 365, for alkies all over the world! Just like one "Great Big Alcathon!"

Trinity, Spazz, Rusty, New, 9'er, Kay, Woody, Recovereds, Spiritman, and all the rest of you... this may be politically incorrect, but "Happy Christmas Season!!!" And... Happy Holidaze... to those who Christmas Season may not be appropriate for.

I'm sure glad you're all here!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery