- Daily moral inventory

Daily moral inventory

Sobriety quotes and sayings heard in Meetings

Daily moral inventory

Postby angel143 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm

I ordered some things from the Akron AA. I got them yesterday and was browsing through them. I found one that I wanted to share. I really like it and its something I know I can use...something for me to remember, daily.

Daily Moral Inventory

Liabilitites Assests
watch for...... strive for.........

self pity......................................................self forgetfulness
self justification..........................................humility
self importance..........................................modesty
self condemnation......................................self evaluation
dishonestly................................................honesty
impatience................................................patience
hate.........................................................love
resentment...............................................forgiveness
false pride.................................................simplicity
jealousy....................................................trust
envy.........................................................generosity
laziness....................................................activity
procrastination...........................................straightforwardness
insincerity.................................................positive thinking
vulgar, immoral........................................high minded, spiritual
trashy thinking..........................................clean thinking
criticizing..................................................look for the good

eliminate the negative accentuate the positive

A guide to living

-you cant blame anyone but yourself if you stumble twice over the same stone

-have the moral stamina to stand firmly for right, truth, and justice

-acquire the habit of being faithful to friendships and responsibilities

-the greatest pleasure in life is to do a good turn in secret and have it discovered by accident

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.

Love you
Heather
angel143

Postby DiggerinVA » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Not a bad way to spend 20 cents.
DiggerinVA

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:55 pm

That's a beautiful list! It would be a perfect addition to the Daily 10th & 11th Step Inventories!

"What we think about all day long -- is what we become or attract into our lives."

"The best way to stay sober is to keep sobriety on your mind!"

It's the Law of Attraction in Action .... good or bad... the more we think about it, the more we attract! So, we take actions (like 10th & 11th Steps... in writing) that change our thinking to place it on a Higher Plane, thinking of the ways that we can become more understanding and effective!

Thanks for sharing that list Heather! I can use it!!! And, it's perfect for the site, too! (Sharing with others)... Passing it on! Many will benefit from your efforts to post it! And, it will sneak up from behind you... and pass on more great things into your life from anonymous sources!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Thank you Heather I`m going to copy it and print it and then tape it where I will see it everyday
It is so wonderful for me too see your growth
and I thank you so much for sharing it here with us you are really changing fron a cute little bud to a beautiful blooming flower :D :wink:

LUV YA Cess
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Yep! She's cleaning up pretty good! huh, Cess? :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Yep..I do clean up pretty well!

You would be surprised.

I use to dress up to go drink by myself...or...at the bar with whomever happened to be there. What a waste!

Now...I dont dress up at all! hehe

Im likin this whole blossomin thing....it looks good on me! :lol:
angel143

Postby angel143 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Dallas wrote:That's a beautiful list! It would be a perfect addition to the Daily 10th & 11th Step Inventories!

Ill take it from you..im not to 10 and 11 yet...YET!! Give me a minute, ill catch up! :wink:

Dallas wrote:"What we think about all day long -- is what we become or attract into our lives."

:smile: I hope you're right! I sure have a lot I am thinking about....

Dallas wrote:"The best way to stay sober is to keep sobriety on your mind!"

Kinda like the song...you're always on my mind...I think about it all the time! And im lovin it.

Dallas wrote:It's the Law of Attraction in Action .... good or bad... the more we think about it, the more we attract! So, we take actions (like 10th & 11th Steps... in writing) that change our thinking to place it on a Higher Plane, thinking of the ways that we can become more understanding and effective!

I am working on it....I like the idea of Law of Attraction. I have so much to learn...and I cant wait! I want to learn something new everyday!

Dallas wrote:Thanks for sharing that list Heather! I can use it!!! And, it's perfect for the site, too! (Sharing with others)... Passing it on! Many will benefit from your efforts to post it! And, it will sneak up from behind you... and pass on more great things into your life from anonymous sources!

Dallas...I want what you have!

Thank you for your insight...it helps me to understand so much more...

Love ya
Heather
angel143

Postby lindylu » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:56 am

:) Thanks Heather, this list is just what I needed on a Monday! Been doing a LOT of reading lately, :shock: and your list is awesome and so easy to take on board.
Am gona have a great week and your list is goin up where I can see it every day. Thanks so much xxx Linda :D
lindylu

Postby angel143 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 am

Linda...

Im glad you like it, and im glad it can help!

I appreciate you and your posts....keep coming back, you're helping keep me sober.

Have a wonderful Monday and an even better Tuesday!!

Heather
angel143

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:22 pm

I like lists like these, Heather. Behind every negative there is a grand positive. It is not enough that we eliminate negative character defects (shortcomings) but that we replace them with the corresponding positive character assets.

The practice of gratitude helps me to focus my thinking on the positive. Someone once wrote of a spiritual exercise to perform on a regular basis, to remind ourselves just how good we have it and how rich and full our lives are.

We can think about how much is going right despite annoyances and setbacks. We can start with the physical side of life--we slept well, and are living another beautiful (sober) day. Our breath comes easy, our mind is clear, our instestines are in order. Every movable part of our wonderfully made bodies moves without excessive pain.

We brew up some java, tea, or make another favorite beverage and enjoy its rich taste. We are grateful for our dwelling and its appliances, including our trusty computer which reliably connects us to others in so many ways.

And we are grateful for those who blazed the trail to sobriety thru the AA program, in whose steps we confidently trudge.

Even in the midst of this, sometimes self-pity tugs like a black hole. Then we can reliably self-forget by helping someone else. It works.
Tim

Next

Return to Quotes and sayings - heard in meetings