- 60 days

60 days

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

60 days

Postby angel143 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Woohoo!!!!! YAY!!!!

I got my 60 day chip!

I have to be honest, I didnt know if I could do it.

I have never been one to have a whole lot of inner strength. Or believe in myself.

"I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?"

'Yes, there is a substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship, and so will you'

BB Pg 152-A vision for you

When I first stopped drinking 60 days ago, I wasnt ready to 'deal' with anything....I thought I was, and I was kidding myself. Then one day I had a melt down and I was on the phone with a dear friend. He helped me that day....and he has helped me daily since that day. I read the BB...again. Because the first time I just read it...I didnt take the time, nor was I ready to, comprehend it. The 2nd time I read it...I started to really read it. I underlined the things that made since to me.

I started getting to comfy...coasting through...I learned that I need to really take the actions DAILY. Or else I wont stay sober. And being sober is the most important thing in my life.

I read everything everyone posts here, and it all helps me. I love all of you and I want to thank all of you for your help in keeping me sober.

I am glad I am here, and I am going to keep coming back.

Heather
angel143

Postby ccs » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:04 pm

WOO HOOO HOOO !!!!!!! CONGRATS Heather
I`m glad your here too because you help me to stay sober
it is awesome to hear you growing

Look at this everyone our little Angelstar is growing up right before our eyes :D :D :D :D

Luv ya girl KCB
Cess
ccs

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:13 am

Congrats! You fluffy little free floating angel, you!!! :lol:

You flew in here, floated around, and now you've got 60 days sober!!!

Imagine that!!! Who would have thunk it??? :lol:

Baby cakes... keep the twinkies fresh and the AA green!!!!!!!!

Much love and 60 hugs to you!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:43 am

Yep....

This fluffy little angelstar baby cakes IS growing up before your eyes! :cool:

Who woulda thunk it? Not me! Well, not me when I started...but I believe it now.

Now I believe in myself and I love myself...for the first time in my life. Im going to be 34 in a couple weeks, and I am only now learning to love myself...I have some making up of time to do!

I am going to keep floating around here, always, and see how much more time I can rack up! I wanna be able to have at LEAST 50 years!!!

Im learning, everything is possible!!! :D

Thank you Cess and Dallas for the love and congrats....

Your
fluffy little anglestar baby cakes (hey, at least we got away from calling me a value meal! :lol: )
angel143

Postby gunner48 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Congrats from here. 60 days is wonderful.
Some things I have learned
TODAY IS THE BEST DAY I WILL EVER HAVE (I have no promise of tomorrow)
MY PAST IS MY GREATEST ASSET ( I may be able to help someone by reliving it)
An 50 years (TIME TAKES TIME)
Enjoy your day you have earned the right to do so
PEACE AND LOVE
gunner48

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:59 pm

I like what you wrote gunner, and while reading it my head did some gymnastics with the words....

I came up with something different... for me to consider and think about! Woo hoo! (I see a train a commin'... comin' round the bend"... :lol:

As I read it, I thought...

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY I WILL EVER HAVE (I have no promise of tomorrow)....

In a way, I started to like it... thinking... live today like you'll have no tomorrow! But, then, I wouldn't want to affirm "today is my last day!" :lol: :lol: I like it too much here!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 pm

NO....

I realize I dont have a promise of tomorrow....BUT....saying 'today is the last day....' is just asking for trouble! :shock:

I get myself into enough trouble....

I learned to try to avoid it at all costs whenever possible!

Im glad you like it here....we like having you here. :wink:
angel143

Postby ROBERT » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:20 am

One thing for sure---every day is a gift--not a given right
ROBERT

Postby DebbieV » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 am

Many Congrats Heather.
The first 60 was a gift and living hell for me and I am glad I went through every second of it. Hang in, do the work and you will get more than you could ask for. I promise.

Well said Robert. That is how I see it today and I pray tomorrow.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby garden variety » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:31 am

Well How-do!

Congratulations fluffy angel little cream-filled star twinkie that goes to meetings. I'm glad you got here to 60 days.

Let me tell you what about today. Well it was actually about yesterday now, but I'll still tell you what! :roll:

My son gets to buggin' me about having me use the pickup to haul some furniture for him on Friday after a meeting. Now I only have so many hours left in a day after work, and you know Friday night I will always spend some time with the girl. We already went to a meeting that night and it was getting late. So I let the boy use the truck, and told him good luck with it and don't call me anymore tonight. If you break it - you bought it. So he drops me off at the girl's place.

Then he starts calling back giving me a play-by-play, and he's afraid of my truck, and his boss is helping him with his truck, and his boss will drive my truck back to me, then his boss has an emergency, and can I come and get the truck, and he'll pay for a cab. Wow! This ain't so simple anymore and I get a bit upset because I didn't want what was left of my Friday all hosed up, so I told the son to chill out and I'll get the truck whenever - I was pretty abrupt and ended the call quick. Like I really need to think about which one is more important, the girl or my truck?

Well the girl get's to calculating and talking to me while I'm on the phone, and she says "We have tomorrow." And she's saying go on and help my son out tonight. My eyes get all bugged and I almost shout "I might be dead tomorrow! We don't have tomorrow, we only have what's left of tonight!"

There are so many times when I talk with her, and her fears of committments and the future together get her mind grinding on way ahead - then she gets scared of the future. So many times I say Whoa! I can only love you, or be in love with you today. You can think ahead this or that, but the only thing I have with you is today. I love you today, and I'm in love with you today. Anytime other than today belongs to hope. I do hope for things in the future, but I can't plan on them happening because there are too many "todays" in between where things can change. This usually calms her down and stops her worrying. I always try to keep things in the moment.

But on Friday, she seemed surprised. See we weren't talking about "the future" and "us" or "committments". I'm going back and forth with my son on the phone, and I'm in a dog-fight over today, and by God, today was all I had and that boy was not gonna squeeze another minute from me. She looked at me in surprise and realized that I was serious and upset that my son was trying to "steal" my living moments - the time I was spending with her. She got that look like "he's REALLY SERIOUS about this one-day-at-a-time stuff". And buddy let me tell you what - I AM!

After I get off the phone, I say "OK sweetie. I didn't mean to cut you off about tomorrow, tell me what you were hoping for tomorrow?"

Then she goes on and says we can get together early tomorrow and make a day and night of it, and essentially have a fine romantic time together over the weekend, and that she was tired tonight anyhow. I smiled and told her that I love her ideas about tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to being with her tomorrow. Then these words come rolling off my tongue.

"It's more important for me to share every minute with you tonight even if we don't [share romance]. My time with you today is more important than tomorrow."

I meant those words. I never want to trade today for tomorrow, and I'm willing to step up to the plate to defend today.

I asked the lady-friend what would she do if tomorrow never came. She said a few things, like helping out others. I said then lets do it. But I knew she was too tired and not feeling well to do anything else. So we talked a little bit longer until she couldn't hold her eyes open, and I went on home. No candlelight - no romance. But I went to bed thanking God for today, and I knew I made the best of it even though it didn't turn out the way I would have wanted it. That is until abot 4 AM...

My back door slams and wakes me up, and I hear those dogs pitter-patter, pitter-patter but no barking. I know who's there (she has the key to my house). :wink: She walks into my room and plops her night sack on my dresser and says "Hey you?"

Dang if TODAY wasn't over yet!

So Angel, now you got another lil' story from this ol' story-telling rambler - a slice of time that happened to me over the weekend.

From the bottom of my heart Angel, today is my biggest treasure. It's the only way life works for me. Tomorrow is never certain, but what I've learned is that if I live today like it's my last day, then if tomorrow comes or never comes, I'm at peace with whatever lies ahead.

Most of the time, like this weekend, tomorrow wakes me up with a very pleasant surprise. Sure enough, it was much better than what either of us hoped for.

Congratulations on your 60 days. Quite an accomplishment, and I'm proud of you, too. :D I also hope your tomorrow's turn out better than you hope for.

God bless,
Paul
garden variety

Next

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories