- Thou Shalt Not Kill!

Thou Shalt Not Kill!

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Thou Shalt Not Kill!

Postby robbiechaos » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:00 pm

I Shared this with a friend of mine. Who was going through a similar situation so I thought it might help someone else out there. It happened a few years back. My lil cousin( she grew up in my home and is like a sister to me) confided in me that our cousin had molested her. I never wanted to kill another human more than I did that day. That evening the weight of My own murderous thoughts heavy on my heart. I was loading my weapons and decided to check the weather to see if I could get away with wearing my overcoat to hide my riot pump 12 guage underneath. I turned on the TV and I Rabbi was on it. While shaking his finger at me he said "Thou Shalt Not Kill!". Then another Rabbi"Thou Shalt Not Kill!".Then another Rabbi"Thou Shalt Not Kill!". This continued for a minute or two. It felt like an hour. But The weight of Murder was instantly relieved from my heart. That night the prime minister of Isreal was asassinatted. I had turned on Niteline instead of the local news. But God showed me what I needed to see. later that week this baby raper was smoking crack and had a stroke. Now he is wheelchair bound in state home. He can rape no more babies. That was Gods judgement upon him. If would have killed him he would have escaped it.
robbiechaos

Postby tim-one » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Powerful story, Rob.

I used to say, "Makes ya wonder, don't it?" Not any more. I've rather come to expect that sorta thing if I wait long enough and don't try to do HP's job again.

"Nothing like a little experience to screw up a good theory."

Thanks for it.

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

makes ya wonder

Postby robbiechaos » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Its amazing I have example after example like this and I still doubted that My HP was at work in my life. Just another example of how insane I was. Time after Time the literal hand of God reaches into my life and I have the Gaul to doubt his pressence. Lucky for me I didnt have to believe in HIM for HIM to believe in me. LOL :lol:

Robbie
robbiechaos

Postby angel143 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Robbie~

Thats a heart-breaking yet, very inspiring story. Im glad you didnt go out that night. Kinda like having ya HERE! :wink:

I realized that all this time my HP has been there, picking up the pieces, trying to put them back where they belong...sometimes it was probably like trying to put a square peg into a round hole...but he stuck by me. Things would happen...or not happen..and I would pause for a minute, think 'could it be?,,,naaaah its just coincidence.' I knew the truth...I just was terrified to accept that a HP could do more for me than I could do for myself.

Im glad I dont deny Him or His doings anymore. He doesnt do it for my recognition, He does it because He loves me.

And when you watch, you can see just how amazing His doings really are, even if they are subtle.

Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it, and I appreciate you...

Glad you're here.
Heather
angel143

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 pm

robbiechaos wrote:Its amazing I have example after example like this and I still doubted that My HP was at work in my life. Just another example of how insane I was. Time after Time the literal hand of God reaches into my life and I have the Gaul to doubt his pressence. Lucky for me I didnt have to believe in HIM for HIM to believe in me. LOL

That reads like one of those "listening to the man in the mirror" things for me! It's amazing how some of us identify so closely on some things.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity