- Step 4, Help and Work sheets

Step 4, Help and Work sheets

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Thank you robbiechaos! I just read your post in the other topic of your experience with Steps 4,5,6,7! That's wonderful news and I do understand what you feel and experienced! :wink: Words can't describe it, and the after-feeling is "Gee! This was so incredible! Why did I wait so long!!!" :wink:

I'm really happy, too, that you had a sponsor, that would sit down with you and participate with you taking those steps -- and, that you did them all together at one time, like the BB, suggests. It must feel as good as jumping out one of those planes -- with the confidence that your chute is on and will open when you pull the cord! :wink:

Thanks for sharing "what it was like for you." That, my friend, will be what will help so many!!! People want to hear back from the Explorers and the Scouts... that have been out in new territory and they are reporting back to the troops as to "what it was like up ahead!"

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

I am truely Blessed

Postby robbiechaos » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

It is true Dallas that words cannot describe my experience. I am so fortunate to have found a sponsor to guide me through this the way the big book and the first 100 laid it out. I am also fortunate to have the internet and people like you Dallas. The night before last I went to a big book meeting, my regular bb meeting was canceled and I was dropping off my kids at my exs and there was a meeting right around the corner from her house. It was a bb meeting so I was happy I wasnt going to miss out, big book meetings are my favorite. The man who greeted me at the door was named Dennis, we had met before. Dennis is an old salt, navy man, with much sobriety and when you talk to him you can feel the power of God in his life. Its hard to explain. Anyway I go in and sit down next to nice guy introduce myself. He asks me what group Im from I say Primary purpose Deer Park and he asks if Im the speaker tonite. I laugh and tell him Im not, that I only have 57 days in the fellowship. And hes laughs and tells me he bets me Im the speaker. Dennis walks in and announces Our Speaker Tonite is Robbie from Primary Purpose, Deer Park. We will be reading how it works and then Robbie will share his experience, strength and hope with STEP 4. How did he know I just finished step 4? I walked up and for someone with nothing to say, I suprised myself at what expert I was. After the meeting Every person in the room congratulated me for my "OPENNESS AND HONESTY", hOW GREAT IT WAS TO HAVE SOMEONE FRESH, "HOW i BROUGHT BACK THE MEMORIES OF HOW THEY FELT WHEN THEY HAD GONE THROUGH IT YEARS AGO". And several who had not gone through it, one guy was in the fellowship over a year, said that my experience, strength and hope had shown them they NEEDED to experience this. THEY WANTED WHAT I HAD. It was only 60 Days ago I was forced to my knees begging God to kill me, Do anything just take this pain away from me. And In Two Months I am Transformed. Into what, I dont know. What does tommorrow have in store for me. I dont know. But I know today I asked God to Restore My Sanity and He Has. Now I know I have to do my part for him. Its Just incredible when I was up there I felt like God spoke through me and it felt pretty damn good. As I was leavin Dennis asked me if I would take the hotline for 12 hours on saturday and of course I agreed. 60 Days ago the hotline saved my life.
robbiechaos

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience robbiechaos! It's very refreshing to read what's going on for you! It's amazing what the Old-Fashioned original AA will do for a guy like us! Works way better than that new and improved stuff! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Wisdom is timeless

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 am

Wisdom is timeless. In combat the words of a general who lived 2000years ago saved my life. I made the mistake of thinking that wisdom could show me how to live my life. It could not, it took the wisdom of a group of deppression era drunks to show me how to live. Thank God :wink:
robbiechaos

Postby ROBERT » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 pm

I followed the instructions, to the letter, out of the book, exactly as it was written-no confusion, no guessing-so, it does say on, and only on, the 8th step-MADE a list of people we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all- not refer back to a list,or inventory the list, just make a list- and I did, I was able to USE the previous work(resentments, fears, sex) to get the names (-we made it when we took inventory-) that went on THE LIST......the one the 8th step refers to. Nothing complicated about that- no inventory asked to do on THE LIST -but if it works using other methods and a psychic change takes place...HALLELUJAH :D
ROBERT

Previous

Return to 12 Steps