1. "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable."
2." Came to believe that God could restore us to sanity."
3. " Made a decision to turn our wills and our lives over to the care and direction of God. "
4. "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."
5. " Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."
6. " Were entirely willing that God remove all these defects of character."
7. " Humbly on our knees asked Him to remove these shortcomings--holding nothing back."
8. " Made a complete list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."
9. "Made direct amednds to such people wherever posible, except when to do so would injure them or others."
10. " Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."
11. "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."
12. "Having had a spiritual experience as the result of this course of action, we tried to carry this message to others, especially alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."
(Pass It On--Bill Wilson and the A.A. Message, p. 198, AA World Services, Inc.)
General discussions related to A.A. History.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest