- My moment of clarity.

My moment of clarity.

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Postby angel143 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Tim wrote:
I know that this Tim fits the definition of an alcoholic given in the Big Book on page 44: "If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking, you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic."

Well, im not a Tim...but this Heather fit that definition as well.
angel143

Postby Dallas » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Tim wrote:There was a disciple of Jesus (not one of the original 12) named Timothy, who was advised by his spiritual sponsor Paul to drink wine for his stomach ailments. Who knows if he was well- or ill-advised.

That's it Tim!!! That's the missing link I was looking for!!! Now, I can say for scientific fact that it's all because of religion!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When momma's have their little babies... they intuitively know whickh of their babys are going to really love the wine... and when that happens, momma says "Oh!!! I just had me a little Timothy! We'll call this one Tim!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm left handed, and some researchers were trying to prove that left-handed people are more prone to becoming alcoholics.

So, once at an AA convention, I saw this little survey box... with the question: "Doing research: please help! Alcoholics please tell us are you right handed or left handed!" :lol:

We also tend to become Presidents of the USA. The last three have been left-handed, and one of them admitted to being a sober drunk! :lol:

The other didn't inhale (I know some others here in Arkansas, that say they knew him and that says he did :wink: ) and, the other one inhaled fo sho! (By his own admission). Now, whether someone inhales or not... has nothing to do with them becoming an alcoholic.

I think it all just comes down to this: Some of us really like to speed down life's highway! We got so much to do, so much to see, so much to get done... we need some help... a little jet fuel to get us going! And, then "we like it! we love it! and we want mo of it!"

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:46 am

On December 20th, 2008 I headed out of the hotel room in Manilla for the airport. I had just spent 15 days drinking and had not eaten for the last 9 of em! As you do. I had lost my second job due to our good friend and was pretty damn sure everything else was going to go. I had a 7 eleven bag in each of my hiking shorts pockets becuase I was pretty sure I was going to puke somewhere before arriving in Singapore as I had not been able to hold anything down though I had stopped drkining about 30 hours before that moment. I got to Manila airport and while waiting for the flight a group of airport staff gathered and began singing Christmas carols acapella style. It was very touching and I had tears in my eyes and I was say prayers to HP as I understand him/her/it.

All I knew is I had to have faith and do the next right thing hour by hour and things can work out. Landed in Singapore, got a new sponsor started the steps and did 90 in a 100 depending on what happened at home.

First lesson I used was nothing absolutley nothing is more important than my sobriety becuase it all will go as fast as a flash if I loose that.

8 months later I have covered my initial 9th steps and I am still adding more of course and at least today all things are as they should be because that is the way they are.

I had to surrender about three times so far. Damn and another one is pressing me.

My first AA meeting was 18 years ago! And today I am happy to say I have the most clean time since I was 13 :shock:

I went through the steps in 2007 with a sponsor who moved back to Manhatten and I still call as he is a spiritual guide of mine. In 2007 I made one amends and I didn't change.

It's all good!
Ranman99

Postby tim-one » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 am

Welcome, 'nuther Tim.

Thanks for your story. Powerful. Glad you made it back in, brother.

The thing about youth is it wears off after a while. Bummer, huh?

Hang in and keep coming back.
_______

'Ight ... What are there now, 3 or 4 Tims here?

Four Tims out of about 50 drunks in my rehab. No Bobs. No Toms. 1 John and 2 Jims for 4 weeks. :shock:

I became Tim1. Tim2, 3, & 4 were knock-offs.

"Geez, ya go all year without running into another Tim." "Yeah ... that's cuz they're all in rehab." :?

"Hi. My name is Tim. I'm an alcoholic apparently because my name IS TIM." :roll:

I was screwed from birth. Alkie dad and who named me Tim. We oughta have a chapter in the BB. A special dispensation for resentments over our names. Is that justified do ya think?

What do we have here? I think I've counted maybe 4 Tims here?

Oh, well ... we can be sober, too.

Love y'all,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 pm

I was told that the reason we have 11 Chapters in the Big Book, is your story is to become "Chapter 12". (My chapter & story, too... meaning for each one of us, getting our own Chapter 12).

I have one disagreement with that.... I think we need a Chapter 12, "To the Tim's"..... and then, our stories will be Chapter 13! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rfitton99 wrote:I had to surrender about three times so far. Damn and another one is pressing me.

I understand! You got off easy!!! I have to do it three or four times each day! :lol:

It works best if I do it first thing in the morning and also before I go to sleep too. But, it's usually happening while I'm backing out my driveway... in a rush because I'm late getting to where I was supposed to be 30 minutes earlier... with my plans for the day in disarray... if I have them! :lol: :lol:

One of us... (me) is sicker than the others! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow, Dallas ... I didn't pick up on 11 chapters. I seem to notice things in 12 lately. AA has 12 of everything. HHmmmmm ... We're chapter 12 ... kewel!

And Paul wrote 2 letters to Timothy. And honorable mention elsewhere. Important little guy. Paul's favorite sponsee. No word if he was a lefty. :)

Noticing 12s - I was doing my morning prayer and medication a few weeks ago. If you're interested in 'that' book, check out the description of AA fellowship in Romans chapter 12. Yep ... 12. The whole chapter. See anything familiar in there? I thunk it was rather coikadinkle ... maybe.

Practice, practice, practice, y'all. Got 12 promises to stack up. :wink:

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm

This thread reminds me of the "Kids in the Hall"

If you never saw it you might recognize a few of the fellows. It was produced by Lorne Michael's of SNL fame and was one of the raunchiest comedy shows on Canadian TV in the 90's. I'm a sucker for insane humour. Grew up on Python and British comedy as my dad is originally from there.

If you want a laugh go to Youtube search "Kids in the hall Daves I know" We need to record it with these are the Tim's I know I know these are the Tim's I know.

WE can throw in a line about Alkies!!!!

Enjoy.
Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 pm

And darn your right!!!

Perspective is a wonderful thing. It will be daily surrender and it will start from the opening of the eyes as the squirrels in my head get into the wheel and start running like heck. The first surrender of the day is upon me.

Because those squirrels are on crystal meth and they run and run and run. Need to make a squirrel pie!

On another note I shared this site with one lady yesterday. One of the winners as we say. I do expect you boys and girls will have more friends joining from this part of the world.

Very happy to have found you as this is the best sites of this type I have ever come across ;-) Very cool construction!!! It’s is a great service to us all.
Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

If you check out the KITH on You tube also watch are you hungover and are you drunk episode.

These are the Tim's I know I know these are the Tim's I know. :twisted:
Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Actually

KITH - Steven the stupid drunk is a more helpful reminder like how I used to call my wife for no apparent reason ... "have you been drinkin' na I'm jus really really tir"

Ciao,
Ranman99

PreviousNext

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity