- Gratitude

Gratitude

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Postby Tim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

ccs wrote:and right at this moment I am sooooo greatful to be tired from working

This is a different way to look at thankfulness--to be grateful for the tiredness that comes from hard, honest labor. The regular practice of gratitude can be a way out of the the muddy muck of self-pity.
Tim

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:34 am

Sometimes, life can be a challenge for even a spiritual giant like me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought I'd through that it there just to see if I could get a reaction! Me no spiritual giant... just a little worker bee! :lol:

Once in a while I'll discover that I've been doing something that is non productive... not a good investment with my time and money... maybe, borderline insane activity... maybe over the border insane activity! :lol:

One of the things that I am most grateful for: I don't have to beat myself up over it -- and I don't have to keep doing what I'm doing -- that isn't producing positive results in my life.

With the tools that AA has provided to me (the 12 Steps, the Fellowship of friends) and the practice of those tools (learning to reach out, admit, acknowledge, acceptance, ask for help, just change...) I can change what's going on in my life.

I'm not stuck with just one simple solution of "well... I better swallow this bitter-sweet pill... and accept it"... I have been given the power and the tools to change it.

That's the neat part for me. If I don't like it -- I CAN change it. I'm not restricted to a no salt diet -- I've got pepper, chili, garlic, sage, and a bunch of other spices in my spice rack... I can add some flavor to my life and to my living... rather than sucking down some bland diet of living life with "oh... whatever comes down the buffet line!" I can change the restaurant! I can get out of line. I can opt for just a salad. I can order breakfast in bed.

AA, and staying sober -- has taught me that I do have options in my life. I can change. And, for this -- I will be eternally grateful!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DebbieV » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I am grateful for this topic...

I am grateful that I have learned how to take drama out of my life.

I am grateful that I have learned to not take myself so serious.

I am grateful for little puppies that turn into wonderful dogs.

I am grateful for my sponsor.

And

For the discipline he taught me.

More to come.....

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby ccs » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 am

I`m greatful for reading this and today you where MY spiritual GIANT :D

Dallas wrote:I don't have to keep doing what I'm doing -- that isn't producing positive results in my life.

WOW thats exactly what I needed to ponder on what a profound statement for me today

and I`m greatful for this topic and all of you for sharing here

LUV-2-ALL Cess
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 am

I am grateful for you, Cessie!!! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi everyone

I havent been on in awhile. Tried to keep up with reading at least, but I will be honest, didnt do a good job at that either. :cry: Im sorry. But im working on catching up!!! :D

I want to add to my gratitude list...I have had an interesting week...

I am grateful for

Sobriety---getting my 90 day chip!!!! :lol:
for the telephone...
for my new job
for my new friends
for the realization that "someday is great" but today is the best
for the ability to miss the one I love-the ability to FEEL
for each and every one of you

I love you all
H
angel143

Postby ccs » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:14 pm

WOO HOOO CONGRATS ON THE HARD 90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m greatful for you Heather :wink: and your 90 day chip

some one told me when I got mine "next time you feel that urge to drink put that chip in your mouth and when it dissolves you can have a drink :lol: :lol: (but before you go get that drink call you rsponsor )" :wink:
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:52 pm

ME--I'm grateful to know, my being granted a perfect release from alcoholism, and all the benefits that are as a result,... Gifts... sure,there is work done by me, but the results..... Gifts.
ROBERT

Postby angel143 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Cess~~I was told that the day they handed me my 24hr...I was still in such a fog (even though it had been a week) that I chuckled...but didnt know why. Later I heard them tell someone else that...I was like "DOH, I get it....cause it CANT dissolve!!" Im not normally THAT slow...but my head was so foggy.

Hey Robert-

Yep, everything is a gift. Even the "bad" stuff. I believe I phrase it as a "precious treasure".

Have a great Sunday and happy, safe, sober holiday weekend

Love you all
H
angel143

Postby DebbieV » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 pm

I am grateful for my puppies.

I am grateful for golden trees in the fall.

I am grateful for my family.

I am grateful for a washer and dryer in my house.

I am grateful for raining while camping.

I am grateful for little wildflowers.

I am grateful to be sober to experience the little wildflowers.

Debbie
DebbieV

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery