- Remember 9 11

Remember 9 11

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Remember 9 11

Postby ccs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:25 am

a moment of silence and Prayer for all that lost thier lives or loved ones

for all that came to the rescue and lost thier lives for all the grieving families

for all our military forces past present and future who give/gave of themselves to protect this Country & other Countries

for those still fighting

for all the lost sons,daughters brothers,sisters,fathers,mothers,friends,&family

for them all say Prayer

GOD BLESS them&us ALL Amen
ccs

Postby ROBERT » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:01 am

*Amen* Thanks ccs.
ROBERT

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 am

One of those killed at the World Trade Center was an AA and Catholic priest. Father Mychal Judge was a chaplain to NYC firefighters.

"At St. Joseph’s, a monument in the cemetery has been dedicated to Father Judge. Imbedded in the marble base of the monument is a slightly twisted remnant of a steel beam that was recovered from the World Trade Center site.

"Engraved on the front is “Mychal’s Prayer:â€
Tim

Postby ccs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 pm

thank you Tim

and what a beautiful Prayer
ccs

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Thank you, Cessie for the reminder. Amen, to what you wrote.

And, also thank you, Tim, for the reminder of Fr. Judge.

I talked with some AA's who were on the scene during 9/11. Their experiences were amazing. They told of having meetings on sidewalks and reaching out to be of support to other AA's during a tragic time. They told of their amazement -- when they thought that it would be the tip of the ice berg that would cause so many AA's to return to drinking -- and the amazement was that they maintained their sobreity and strength in greater numbers than in more peaceful situations.

I've also communicated with some of our Fellowship that are troops and other military people serving in Iraq and Afganistan. And, about them, seeking out each other and holding small meetings, and how AA has helped them to endure the hardships of their situations and circumstances.

We even have a few of them who visit here with us on the site when they have Internet connections. What a blessing they are to me!!! These are my heros!!! I thank all of the law enforcement, first responders, and military and civilians -- that work so hard and make such sacrifice to keep us safe and free. And, their families, friends and loved one's -- for the sacrifices that they make, as well. And, expecially, to my AA brothers and sisters -- serving on the front lines and in the back lines of support. PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you! I appreciate so much, you, and what you are doing for me, and for all of us!

May God keep you close -- and bless you tremendously.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety