- STEP 4

STEP 4

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby angel143 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 am

Hi all....

Well, I found myself a sponsor, one that isnt moving, or going anywhere...at least not anytime soon! She is a wonderful girl (I dont mean girl as an insult...its just that is younger than me, so I say girl in that sense)

Some of you may remember that I had a lady in a meeting offer to "take me through the steps" before she moved. Well, come to realize that, maybe, perhaps...I wasnt totally honest with her OR myself...and that maybe perhaps, I wasnt totally ready to do the steps. I just figured that if I admitted I had was powerless over alcohol, that meant I was ready for everything....I was kidding myself!!!

Well, I am ready to do it, all of it. Rigorous honesty. To her and to MYSELF. I am great at lying to myself, and the crazy thing is, if I do it long enough, I will even believe it.

So, she gives me "homework". I had some for step 1, and then more for steps 2 and 3. These were very revealing for me. What I mean is, because it made me think about things I wouldnt have thought about...I learned more about myself than I was expecting to. She and I sat down last night after the meeting and did step 2 and 3...it was so good for me. I had MANY revelations just from talking to her. Plus, I cant get away with anything. Its not that I am trying to, but apparently sometimes when im talking about myself, I dont give all the facts. Not intentionally trying to leave stuff out, just hate talking about me. But she knows this, and knows how to ask for more.

I am now to sit and do my step 4. Then meet with her, and do it again.

I will be happy when this step is over....

But I intend to do this step to absolute best that I can. Honest, fearless, and willingness....

Thank you for letting me share, I appreciate it, sorry if I rambled...

Heather
angel143

Postby ROBERT » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Ya Know Heather when I made "THE DECISION" that step 3 calls for, a huge load was gone, and it talks of that in the book, I felt it at once--I had made many attempts to stop using and be happy-and failed over and over--BUT, when the decision to follow thru with THE program, it was a shift in perception, from just stopping the drinking, to me wanting a better life, to be happy, the drink/and or drugs were not the primary focus-wanting to be happy, and a better life was, and following thru w/ the 3rd step decision (evidence of that decision is action 4-9) did just that, happiness came! And I don't want to screw that up w/ booze-drugs, the obsession is JUST NOT THERE. :D BRAVO TO YOU :D
ROBERT

Postby Dingo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 am

This program is designed for me to stay stopped, my disease does not want me looking at myself, step 4 is the learned process of being able to see ourselve honestly and also to see things that block us from being god concious. I love step 4 cuz it set me up to be able to do personal step 10s, where Ive gotten more emotional growth than ever before! my first step 4 was freedom cuz i finally saw for the first time what was holding me back, i.e, ME......AWESOME step, fearlessness is learnt in this step and I got it from god.......wooohooo. This program is not for those who want it, its not for those who need it, but for those who DO IT!!

god bless and let god remove your procrastination, which is laziness in 5 syllables!!
Dingo

Postby GeoffS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:39 am

Remember part of Step 4 is also to teach us how to inventory in the future (see step 10).

regular nventories are useful for us for many subjects and at many times.

This program works.
GeoffS

Postby ROBERT » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:57 am

Great point Geoffs.
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Dingo, welcome to the site. I enjoyed your message.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Steps