- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:10 am

Anne!!! Welcome! It's absolutely wonderful to have you here with us!

Thank you for sharing yourself and your experience, strength and hope with us. It's nice to have you aboard! You sound like a lively fun to be around type of person. And, that makes it even mo' betta!

Keep 'em coming!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

thanks-a-bunch

Postby musicmode » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:47 am

...mo' betta 8) , thanks-a-bunch for lettin' me pull in to this java-shop...glad to be here.
musicmode

Postby JR » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:06 am

Hey Anne,

Glad you're here. You sound very cool. I hope you will stick around this site.

Love Each Day,

JR
JR

Welcome

Postby samantha » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:14 am

Welcome to our group..... :D :)
xoxoxo samantha
samantha

Postby Angel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:10 am

WELCOME ANNE ..SO GLAD YOUR HEAR..MY NAME IS ANGL..HOPE WE HEAR ALOT FROM YOU..
Angel

Hello everyone!

Postby Janet R » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:38 am

Hi, My name is Janet & I'm an alcoholic. I have been sober since July 21, 2002 & have not attended meetings for years. I instead began running marathons & ultras and now have 11 within the last 3 years. Sobriey has brought me things I could not ever imagine! I had my 1st AA meeting in 1990 & had many years of "slips." I had a sponsor once & did a little work on Step 4 but did not finish the Steps. I know that I need to get back to meetings & quit running from myself & my past. I'ts been so long & I have a little anxiety about going back. I know my husband would wonder what I need AA for after this many years. I feel like I have a whole lot that is unsettled from my past & I have no one I can relate to whatsoever about my alcoholism. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for having me here!
Janet R

Postby JR » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:55 pm

Hey Janet,

I had 16 years of sobriety when I stopped going to meetings and I had worked all the steps many times and sponsored many people and practiced the program yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. I stayed sober for 4 years without setting foot in an AA meeting or reading AA literature. I had been sober 19 years 11 months and 14 days when I drank again.

I too am a runner, though I have never run a marathon. You must be very disciplined. I continued running even though I was drinking from Sept. 2003 until Aug. 2005. My new sobriety date is Aug. 20, 2005.

If you are alcoholic, Janet, at some point you will have no mental defense against the first drink. If you drink again and you are alcoholic, you will have no control over your drinking nor be able to guarantee your behaviour. This may not happen to you with the first drink; my experience was that it took about 6 months of drinking before it started to control me.

After 2 years of drinking, I was drinking to get drunk and blacking out. I married my husband in Jan. of 2000. He had known me for 10 years as a "normal" person. My husband is not alcoholic and knows little about alcoholism, though he is learning now. My husband is still uncomfortable with AA, but he knows for a fact that I cannot drink now that he has experienced me as a drinker. So, he supports me going to meetings and continues to try to be open minded about AA.

Janet, I cannot give you advice about your situation. I can only share my experience. I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you have and hope that you will continue to visit this site. It has been a lifesaver for me and there are many helpful and supportive people here.

Easy Does It,

JR
JR

your in da right place

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:19 am

Janet, ya say you have, or cant find anyone to relate with? ..."Welcome Janet"... your'e in the right place. 48 yr's of one way. go'n on three the AA way... no kid'n, a life beyond my wildest dreams... not talk'n material stuff e-tha. wel maybe a little :wink: Janet any ?'s, or what worked for me... yet'r'rip Janet, i changed, changed, changed :shock: got'o'bit'o'wisdom ta boot :lol: ... JR, enjoyed your couple of posts too. howdy G9, New, Mr BB, and the ones i get'n ta know... Happy Holidays Janet...lot's o' love, Da Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Janet R » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:42 am

Rusty Zipper & JR, thank you for making me feel welcomed. I'm glad to find a place to talk & listen to like minded people. It's lonely out there trying to pretend like I've got it together & I'm a "normal" person. I can see from listening to you guys that I am in a very dangerous position not going to AA meetings or working the Steps. I was begining to forget what it was really like...and I need to be reminded constantly!

I'm thankful to God that I found this forum to help me get back on track to stay on the road to recovery. I want the joy that you all have & to be able to say how incredible my life is being sober.

Look forward to talking to you again very soon! Many thanks!

Janet R
Janet R

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:54 am

Janet, i think we gunna dust off a nice little spot on the cloud for ya! ... the Pink one... but Janet, it aint gunna come without some real work. "Honest " work... " All Aboard " :roll: keep coming... xo Zip'y the Clown... not just any Bozo on da Bus :wink: ppfftt, ah, it's just Rusty. by, by
Rusty Zipper

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery