- Still fighting it?

Still fighting it?

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Still fighting it?

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:47 pm

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone --- even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned.

Alcoholics Anonymous, Big Book, Into Action, pg.84
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 am

This is definatley a goal of mine. At least when I do need to approach a serious issue or conflict that needs to be resolved to be sure to keep my cool and to keep to facts instead of fantasy. I've found that usually how I perceive any situation before doing the necessary research is not so right on.

We had a step 1,2,3 workshop in last Saturday. Men only and it went quite well. I covered off step 3 and my story for how I came to make the decision. I needed to have a few key experiences that convinced me there was something going on before I really made the decision. I was already doing step 9 visits and calls when I guess I actually had to revisit step 3). I made an amends on my knees to someone who was no longer here on this planet and then realised I had a shot at getting to goals such as these.

Of course it's a daily process. Now I find I can keep the ego in check a bit more but for me some where in that ego reduction and humility is the rub.

Thinking more of others and how I can be of service in and out of the program and getting my priorities right that's the goal these days.

276 days sober today. Longest period sober and substance free in 33 years. It as taken a while to develop a certain amount of clarity but it's coming. Of tonight to hear my sponsor tell his story and I just got a call to chair the meeting for the woman who would normally be there.

It's all good!
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Ranman, nice to hear you're staying busy! :wink:

It works.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Crikey it's blowing me away. Catching up with an old friend who just happens to be passing through Singapore his first time in Asia this afternoon. He's not an Alkie but has a few other things going on so let's go see what that one is about :shock:
Ranman99

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics