- Gratitude

Gratitude

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Gratitude

Postby boomerang » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 am

I've learnt that "gratitude is the hinge on which sobriety swings" COOOOOOL!
boomerang

Postby ROBERT » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am

Sure I'm glad to be here and be sober, able to live, but w/o giving this gift away, I'm un-fufilled, spiritually-so today I am grateful I can have a purpous bigger than just having things, they go away, newness wares off-giving, out of love, for the awareness of this power, that has been granted me, out of love, is a wonderfull role model, and this type of giving never ever gets old, never wares out, and is most fulfilling, spiritually.I am grateful for love.
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 am

I'm grateful, that somehow, I can force myself to give -- when it's not out of loving, or for loving. Sometimes, I'm giving just to keep from getting pissed off! :lol: Sometimes, I'm giving... for what to me, seems like all the "wrong reasons"... but, I know that the gift to me -- in giving to others -- is, that it's going to help me.

I'm childish. A big baby. Want things when I want them. I don't want to give -- I want to take! I want to get what I want when I want it just the way that I want it!

But, there are a couple of brain-cells of maturity in my head... that I worked hard to get... by following instructions and taking actions and forcing myself to do things that I don't want to do or didn't want to do.

And, the two brain-cells of maturity that I acquired tell me "Give just to be giving -- because you know what you'll be getting -- if you don't!"

So, for that... I'm GRATEFUL! :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 am

Nice post Dallas, thank you. :D
ROBERT

Postby john boy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:06 am

I am grateful for the compassion Alcoholics Anonymous has brought to my life....
john boy

Postby Jim W » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am

I'm grateful for alcohol because it got me the place I can't get me to. I can't bring about my own surrender and that is where it brought me to.

Don't hate the stuff that you here. Alcohol is our friend, it gets more alcoholics to AA than anything else.
Jim
Jim W

Postby tim-one » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 am

I'm grateful that I AM an alcoholic. (Thanks for the toss, Jim)

What a wonderful oportunity to finally, at this late time in my life, to become what I was intended to be.

I and the people around me people went through hell to get me here. But without it all, I would never EVER have had such a deep appreciation for grace, forgiveness, or even life.

Get that from a good life? Being rich? Good lookin'? (I shoulda been born rich instead. :wink: ) Everything going right all the time? The midas touch? Pffft Weenies.

Too late? Not for me. I got to wake up this morning. What a joy! ANOTHER opportunity!

THANK GOD I'M A SOBER ALCOHOLIC ! (Really ... y'all should thank God I'm sober. You're grateful for THAT, too.) :P

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 am

You betcha!!! Alcohol kept me alive -- until I could get into AA and get a Life! And, that Life turned out to be a Life worth living! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

What I'm Grateful For...

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:42 pm

A man with a good foundation in sobriety and the ability to convey the 12 Steps (in language that I could understand) took time out of his life to share his experience, strength and hope with me - and then introduced me to God.
Scott: Alcoholic

Postby albertawind » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:33 pm

For years I rushed around being busy and I missed me. ~Fr. Leo

Today I am grateful...

For the odd phenomenon of Friday afternoon frustrations. When I am anxious to get home everyone seems to slow down. It's weird I tell ya.

For the glorious show Mother Nature gave us last night.

For all the little glories in my life. I have had so many little joys lately, stuff that makes me simply happy to be in their company.

That I have loving and positive people in my life today.

For connections that answer many of my questions.

To replace old fears with positive thoughts and actions.

That any hiding out today is relatively small compared to the elaborate isolating behaviours of my past. Many things diminish in importance when exposed to the light.

That today will give me what I put into it.

And then one ill-defined day, one day I can't recall, I stepped across the line that alcoholics know so well, and from that day on drinking was miserable. ~Big Book p. 346
albertawind

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery