- Change Your Thoughts And You’ll Change Your Life

Change Your Thoughts And You’ll Change Your Life

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Change Your Thoughts And You’ll Change Your Life

Postby Dallas » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:37 am

For the last few months, I’ve been exploring what my next Steps in life will be. Where do I go from here? What do I do now? I’ve completed some major tasks that were in front of me. I am now free to move on. I’ll soon be making some decisions in regards to changes in my work, my business, and my employment, and maybe even in regards to where I am living.

While working on my daily progress and my plans for the future, I’ve been reflecting on what I’ve learned so far. Some of the important lessons that I’ve discovered are: “Thoughts are things... and incredibly powerful things. To get more of what I want, and less of what I don’t want, it’s important for me to keep my mind on what I want & off of what I don’t want. If I can direct my thinking and control my emotions, I can accomplish anything, that I have a burning desire to accomplish, provided that I seek it, and work for it, with persistence in my efforts and actions.â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby JR » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:02 pm

This is a wonderful topic. Unfortunately, I've been up all night so my response might not make any sense.

I believe we are the co-creators of our lives by every thought we have, every decision we make and every action we take and that everything in that process is a thought first. I believe in free will and that God doesn't interfere with our process (just my opinion).

The steps are a way by which I can free myself of destructive thinking, decisions and actions. It is a long process, but it works. I hear people compare it to the layers of the onion. I don't think the process is ever over.

I am not a victim of the world. I make the choice to be happy, joyous and free. Everything is available to us to create the most wonderful life we could imagine or the most horrible and we make the choice.

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs). We become what we think. It is old wisdom and true I believe.

Love Each Day,

Jr
JR

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:28 pm

thanks D, and JR... i needed to hear this today. i'm ok, just something on my mind. in the process of letting it go.... Ready, Set, Action... i have learned from my life, and mind change that i can only be responsible for me. a hard thing when you care and love people. when working with God, no prob'lem'o. ... its when i loose site, and get hung up in self the trouble starts a brew'n. let'n go, gets easier day by day for me... is it that i am hardened, dont give a damm, insensitive... nah, just a thing called growing up, "Maturity"...goodby Drama... no horizontel position, no oprah, and no bon-bons... well bon-bons ok!, ha... it is said, when we stop Drk'n, & Drg'n, we begin to function at the age we started at... so i mabe 17 now??? dunno... what i do know, things i would have made a big deal out'a, i now dont... i can be in a situation, think it, feel it, look at it, solve it, move on, and hopefuly grow from it... the Serenity Prayer = a belief in something other than me, honesty, and freely giving... sound familiar??? you bet... the Big book ### Hi Dallas #### the 12 & 12, or just good old Alk'y's Anonymous... ty all the friends of Bill W, and my wondeful PTB... ...................... Happy Holidays, good wishes to all, and bless... xo RZ :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity