- How to get great things to come to pass for you!

How to get great things to come to pass for you!

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:18 am

Sometimes, I'll be sitting around and catch myself thinking about Bill W. and, what it must have been like for him in the beginning. He couldn't work. His wife was supporting him. Things got tough and they lost their place to live so they lived with friends moving around from house to house. Bill had been used to being a high-flying high-roller. Successful in making a lot of money. And, after he obtained sobriety -- he was still beat and still couldnt hold a job. I understand that. I understand what it's like to be a "has been"... that has a feeling that "I'm an over with"... and that if I try to be successful again... I'll just end up on another binge.

I wasn't one of those 90 day wonders... that came in, stopped drinking, went to 90 days, and then grabbed back on to the rocket of success in putting my life together.

For me, it took some time to be able to finish a sentence... without a drink. And, I had this tremendous fear -- that if I tried to be successful again -- I'd end up drunk again. I believe that was my case. It was the truth. I needed time to recover. I needed time to stay out of the fast lanes of life. I needed time to learn how to stay sober for a couple of 24 hours at a time. It didn't come easy for me. I understand about being grateful for a mop. :lol: Even, when it was someone elses mop... and their floor... and I was grateful to clean it for them, so that I wouldn't feel so guilty about sleeping on a sofa in their garage... hoping that someday I might be able to have my own mop. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:59 am

I hear you Dallas. I have had a very good run of seeing things that I need come to pass and not necessarily what I may want and want and want etc. It's OK though and I have been very lucky so far. Now a guy is looking for sponsorship and he's crazier than me. All my best ah I mean worst ways amplified by three.

HP works in strange and mysterious ways with a really odd sense of humour.

Oh well. :shock: Pretty darn glad to be sober enough to count my blessings. Kirk out :)
Ranman99

Postby ROBERT » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Our next function is to grow in effectiveness and understanding---Step 11.
ROBERT

Postby Ranman99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Yup yup yup. Sharpening the blade dude!! Have a good week. 8)
Ranman99

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics