- Clarity thru Buddha

Clarity thru Buddha

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Clarity thru Buddha

Postby QSrqFL » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:07 am

QSrqFL here. When I need to have clarity I mediate to my Higher Power. My Higher Power is a combination of many. I take a little of all religions the positive parts of them and that's what I follow. If I had to choose one then I guess I would have to say Buddhism. My reasoning is because no matter what situation your in or having issues with there is always a quote that if you reflect on it helps me understand the situation or problem. For example lets take anger I felt angry today over a situation. So I looked at the following quote.

"You will not be punished
for your anger,
you will be punished
by your anger."

When I sat back and reflected on this saying it hit me that the lack of communication is what cause the anger. Which then lead me to ask myself was that lack of communication my fault? Also that if I react thru anger that's when I will be punished. So it is ok to feel angry it's the action that I have to watch for. To prove this works is this I am not angry anymore over the situation because I identified it, Reflected on it and Released it.

I also learned two practices that i will share with you here. They are Lovingkindness/Metta First let me explain each of theses a little bit

Metta
Buddha defines metta as a pratice that protects against any kind of fear

a simple four phrase practice That I started using was

May I be happy
May I be Healthy
May I live Safely
May I be Free

I sit in silence and I repeat the above phrase until I feel each one. I found the Visualizing each one helps as well. If I feel resentment towards someone I change I to that person and Visualizing that person, But before I do that I have the cleanse my Palate of which I learned the Forgiveness contemplation before a formal period of lovingkindness practice. The Common Phrase I found to do repeatedly silently while reflecting on it's meaning is.

If anyone has harmed me intentionally or unintentionally by word, thought, or deed, May I forgive them.

If I have harmed anyone intentionally or unintentionally by
word, thought, or deed, May they forgive me

If I have harmed myself intentionally or unintentionally by
word, thought, or deed, May I forgive Myself

This takes me about a half hour to an hour to do depending on the circumstance of the situation I am facing.

Now I got all this from the following book that if you are Buddhist or are sreaching to find some sort of a higher power I recommend

12 Steps on Buddha's Path
Bill. Buddha, and We
by Laura S.
forwarded by Sylvia Boorstein
QSrqFL

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks for sharing, Chris. I appreciate you. Variety can break the bondage that is imposed by rigidity. When AA introduced me to the idea of freedom to believe what's in my gut rather than what's in my head, and as I watched so many, with various beliefs, take up their bed and walk, I slowly came to believe. I'm an explorer. I enjoy learning by doing and watching what others do. It gives me boundless ideas to explore and that always feels like freedom for me. Blessed are the flex-able -- for they shall not break. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity