- any Drama Kings/Queens?

any Drama Kings/Queens?

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

any Drama Kings/Queens?

Postby ccs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 am

Wisdom of the Rooms (Michael Z )

"It all works out in the end...if it hasn't worked out yet, it's not the end."

This is one of the truest quotes I've heard yet. I can't tell you how many times I've stressed and worried about something I was sure wasn't going to work out, only to eventually realize that in the end it all worked out just fine. Sometimes it took months, other times years, but of all the things I've obsessed about, nearly all of them worked out in the end. The key is waiting for the end.

Before recovery, I was more focused on the middle than the end. I was addicted to drama and was sure that all the negative things in my life would only get worse. I secretly liked being a victim and when something started to work out, I quickly pointed to other awful things that were, or could be, happening. As you might imagine, my life never got any better.

When I entered the program, I was sure that it, too, wouldn't work out. I spent many months trying to convince anyone who would listen why my life would end in disaster. Their answer was always the same - keep coming back. What I eventually learned was that with the right thought and actions, and with a faith in a Higher Power, things did work out in the end.
And I learned that if it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

boy how I can relate to this I used to have a friend that always said I was neurotic / a drama Queen :D imagine that ME !
of course I now have a better understanding of what it means I know that I always had to be more than,, if you where sick I was sicker if you drank alot I drank more if you had problems mine could top it and I could always come up with why my life would "never ever change" ( man am I Glad I was wrong) ever met an alcoholic that was Happy to be Wrong ? :lol:
well if your new stick around and take the steps with a sponsor as they are in the book of Alcoholic Anonymous and you could be the next Happy to have been Wrong alcoholic :lol:

I think that at times if it wasnt for negativity and drama I wouldnt have been happy you know like if something wasnt wrong then life was not ""normal""
I guess it was like if somethin aint goin wrong then somethins WRONG!

if life wasnt turmiol then it just didnt feel right oh and on top of it all was me I could handle the turmiol cuz I was in control :roll: :lol:
MAN oh MAN !! what a way to NOT live
life is much better since I was lead to A.A. (I used to say since I found A.A.) But I know now that I was lead here by GOD ! because HE IS IN CONTROL it took me a long time to get that and I still take it back at times but I Know that HE does a much much BETTER job than I ever could

I`ve learned that If I worry and obsess less I`m more at atease and less neurotic I`ve learned to try (most of the time :D )to just wait for the end and it usually always works out if is doesnt it wasnt meant to and theres more to be revealed

but I still can have the morethans :D like when something calls for 2 I think it will be better with 3 I`m talking about cooking :lol: sometimes I end up with some pretty spicey or salty dishes :wink: :wink:

LUV-2-ALL
Cessie
ccs

Postby sunlight » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi Cess!

Here I am - the dethroned drama queen, and happy to be a simple peasant! :D

I came from a family of intense, cyclone, typhoon-type drama. If there wasn't a crisis someone would create one, because without one, life had no meaning! :roll:

It was very hard for me in early sobriety to learn to live w/o drama. (Someone got me this lip gloss when I was newly sober that was called "Drama Queen Lip Gloss"- for those whose lips were always moving!)But I got beat up enough trying to hold onto my old drama ideas that I was able to see that this was NOT working for me in my new sober life. In fact I was just as nutty as when I was drinking.

What helped was to "keep it simple" and to focus on gratitude. Easier said than done for me! But I took it on like a project and even made a game out of it to make it fun, and the perseverence paid off. Gradually the drama fizzled and was replaced by a lovely serenity and a shining appreciation of all the goodness and beauty around me.

I find joy and pleasure in the littlest things, and especially in people. And today I have an aversion to drama. Can't stomach "soap operas"! Staying sober and living on a spiritual basis enables me not to miss all the excitement that even an ordinary, not-much- happening days holds. It's something I had to grow into, but it's so fun! I have a blast when everyone around me is in rigor mortis!

I had someone say to me once, "You could be happy with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich." And I can! :D

Life is for living. I wouldn't do it any other way but sober and DF (drama free) :wink:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics