- Different Levels of Sponsorship

Different Levels of Sponsorship

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 am

I like your suggestions! They worked that way for me, too! So, I relate.

Lately, I've been reading a non-AA book, that deals with the topic of self-renewal, and the idea of self-renwal of societies. It's a great old book that has some interesting ideas in it.

I seem to stumble into concepts that I've picked up in AA, in all sorts of books. And, sometimes, the other books will help me to better understand something I discovered in AA.

The first idea that the author points out as being one of the greatest obstacles for self-renewal that an individual must face is: rigidity. Growth, change, and renewal -- require flexibility.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Different Levels of Sponsorship

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Susan wrote:I hate people who only sponsor new people!! :twisted: They run with someone until they are through the steps and then dump them. A year is hardly enough time to find all the answers in the BB and 12+12. Maybe this is just a women thing. Do men do this also? I am glad my sponsor did not dump me after we did the the first run of the steps. Here is where I come in, I pick up a lot of these dumped women. Some how if you can only work with new people you are not growing. I just think that the longer I am sober I should be growing in emotional sobriety, and can share at all levels. I believe that all people are important in AA not just new people. This subject may be difficult for new people but you may be able to share how you would feel about it.

A week is enough time to find all the answers in the BB and 12+12. If I read and apply the information in the 1st 103 pages of the BB it gives me precise directions on how to get and maintain sobriety. Those are answers for me.
Silverbullet

Previous

Return to Sponsors Forum