- Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day

Sobriety quotes and sayings heard in Meetings

Quote of the Day

Postby Tim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 am

We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves
Alcoholics Anonymous, p 84

What a concept!
Tim

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:32 am

Reminds me of that old stand by used around the rooms that you've probably also heard:
"Don't stop before the miracle happens" :?

I was just listening to "A New Pair of Glasses" kinda appropriate :lol:

Ciao,
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Chuck C.! One of my favorites! I love listening to Chuck C. (and, reading him while I listen, too).

When I went to my Sponsor's 50th Sober Year Party, last November, my sponsor gave me a dvd, with Chuck C., giving a talk to a bunch of young students in a college. As far as we know, it was the only "film" of Chuck C., and someone found it and transferred it to dvd.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Darn I'll look for that and see if he matches the description I get when I listen to him. 50 sober years man that is a real big deal. Half a century sober. When I celebrate my 50th year I will be 95 (dead or alive that is :wink: ). Thanks I'll start hunting for that video give me something to think about while I'm living one day at a time. :lol:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:35 am

I don't think you'll find that video anywhere. When I get a chance, I'll make a copy for you and send it to you. I've been wanting to convert it and make available for download. But, since my computer funerals... I've been delayed. :lol:

I've got some old copies of a "reel-to-reel" tape (back before they had 8 track monster cartriges)... of Chuck C., back when he did his first retreat. Some say it was the first "spiritual retreat" that was ever done in AA. He was much younger then, and it's was held outside. You can hear roosters and donkeys in the background! :lol: The talk was pretty much the same as he gave in his later years. What I really love on this tape, too, is the questions and answers part.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 am

OK cool. I'll stand by. I'm also suffering a hardware failure.

Just FYI just for this sort of thing I used the Archos 504 but mine just died i.e. the hard disk and I need to do a few more walking/living/earning money amends before I am allowed to buy the new one. It is what I use to digitize my Mini DV camcorder stuff and makes an instant AVI!!! You can set the specs for the video and the audio and you can get with various large HDD now. www dot archos dot com and under products look for the archos 5 that is the next one I will pick up all recovering Alkies need one.

Now so I don't make this an ICT thread I bet the roosters and the donkeys found their HP by the end of that session and maybe even got sober to boot. :shock:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Or, maybe the HP was in the roosters and donkey... I read a story once in the Bible, where it said that God said something to one of his prophets through a donkey. That's when I got the idea... (that quickly faded)... that if God could use a donkey, He might have something for me to do alfterall! :lol:

I'll check that site. Sounds like we got some common interests!
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Quotes and sayings - heard in meetings