- New here....

New here....

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

New here....

Postby Devorah » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Greetings! As I near my first year of sobriety...I am quite amazed at how much I have actually changed. I am very comfortable in my own skin. I dont judge. I trust my HP. And I am really quite lonely! I am a single mom of 2 girls, one is grown with a baby and the other is 15 (in all her glory).

I feel very stymied about meeting people. I just dont know how. I know this is not a dating site and dont intend to use it that way. I am thrilled to connect with other sober people AND this is an obstacle for me.

I just wanted to put it out there. To say (write) the words- to allow myself the feeling.

Thanks for listening and congrats to all of you for choosing reality... Devie
Devorah

Postby GeoffS » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Glad to hear from you Devorah. I hope you'll join in the discussionand meet all the sober people around this site.

There is usually plenty ffod for thought, lots of support and help here.
GeoffS

Postby sunlight » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi Devorah!

Welcome to our sober family. There are many wonderful people here and you can learn a lot and be yourself.

I got into 2 wacky relationships in early sobriety because I thought I was well! I had to do some re-thinking. In fact I had to change my thinking.

Now, I just take it slow and easy-does-it and just enjoy being single. If I try to rush or force anything it's a disaster!

I'm from Colorado too & so is Debbie V. What part are you from?

Keeping it simple, Sunlight
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Hello Devie! Welcome to the site! Thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing! I look forward to getting to know you and reading more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Devorah » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I am from Boulder, Co.

I have been in a long distance relationship for three years. Very tumultuous! We are both in programs.

As I move from insanity I feel more conflicted about how to proceed. I have prayed about it and certainly talked to my sponsor.

What I seem to be coming to is that as I move from shame, I realize that I deserve something more, someone in the same state...

More to say~~
Devorah

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery