- Step 2

Step 2

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Step 2

Postby GeoffS » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I just had (yet) another Step 2 experience.

I think I'll keep coming back!!
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 am

I understand.

Me too. Ditto. I think I'll keep coming back, too! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

me too I double your Ditto and raise ya an I know I`ll keep coming back :lol: :lol: :lol:
ccs

Postby Mitchell25418 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 am

I'm currently working on Step 2 - I keep waiting for "experience's" to happen and get nothing. I am religous person and pray daily for help with this step, but I feel stuck. Maybe I'm looking for too much and should move on the step 3?

I guess I should be having this chat with my sponser, but thought I"d throw it out to you all.
Mitchell25418

Postby DiggerinVA » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Mitchell25418

Look at the step.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

It does not say a burning bush will appear. What it says is that you believe. It could be as simple as, it worked for someone else, so why not me.

Then you move on. Remember "Keep it simple". People tend to make it more difficult than it is.
DiggerinVA

Postby Mitchell25418 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks for reminding me - My sponser did exactly the same thing - I guess I'm an easy read. The step meeting last night was step 11 - even though I'm no where near that step - hearing how to pray was very helpful. This is a great site - so glad I found it!
Mitchell25418

Postby Dallas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 am

If you think that AA or the 12 Steps may help you, you already have enough "Came to believe" of Step 2, to move on to the 3rd Step of "making a decision to do the work necessary to try it."

And, after you make the "third step decision to do it"... launch into the actions of Steps 4 through 12, to actually do it.

I believe that most people get hung up on Step 2, because they "think" that if they take "Step 3"... it means that "they have actually already turned their will and life over to a God -- that they understand."

And, Step 3, doesn't mean that at all. Step 3, is simply making a decision, like you made this morning to "get out of bed."

You decided to get out of bed. Then, you took actions (4 through 12) to get your body out of bed and into the day.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Mitchell25418 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

Well put, Thanks! My biggest problem with the steps is over analysis.
Mitchell25418

Postby DiggerinVA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Mitchell25418 wrote:Well put, Thanks! My biggest problem with the steps is over analysis.

That is a common problem. Remember Dr Bob once told Bill W. Keep it Simple.
DiggerinVA

Anecdote on Sanity

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

My girl and I observe folks all of the time when we are out at the meetings we attend regularly. Every now and then she'll lean over to me and say,

"See So-N-So? The Restoration Process has begun for that one - look at his/her eyes! The lights are coming on! Isn't that AweSome!!"

And I smile and nod...and it is awesome to see a sick and desperate soul coming back to life.

And my girl? She is so excited when she notices this change because she remembers [to the moment] that day in her own life when the Restoration Process began for her. She had to stop what she was doing and call her sponsor to give that woman the great news! That is just the coolest.

Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. All I know is that it's not only one of the Promises, but also one of the Miracles of this Simple Program. To even be able to concede that something bigger than me existed was a miracle in my life! LoL! :D AA is about the only thing that has promised me 100% of anything in this life but delivered 1000%!

Remain in Hope, stay active in the program and the Promises will come alive in your own life.

~Peace~
Scott: Alcoholic

Next

Return to 12 Steps