- Educating In The Recovery Field

Educating In The Recovery Field

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Educating In The Recovery Field

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi All.

Been a long time since my last visit/interaction here. Thanks to Dallas for helping me out with my defunct email issue. :)

I am looking to resume school in the spring of 2010; the emphasis being behavioural health, ie. Alcohol and Addiction work. Seems natural that with nearly 25 years in service to AA I should follow my heart and go with the bulk of my experience (it only took me forever to figure that out).

I am looking to connect with others in the field or currently seeking education in the field. I know what it's like at 'street level' but not too familiar with the 'professional' side. I'm in PA and there are definite requirements for 'councelors' here (a HS Diploma and some experience are not enough to gain an effective position here).

Any help or direction - including D&A specific Scholarship information - would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time! :)

~ Peace ~
Scott: Alcoholic

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 am

Nice to have you back! Sorry I can't help with any info for you. But, I hope you keep coming back and that you'll share your discoveries so that others can benefit from what you learn.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

For Certain.

Postby Scott: Alcoholic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 pm

So much has changed since the last time I'd visited here. I was actually a connectionless orphan for over a year. Imagine that. Someone who once made a living via the internet not having access afterward. LoL! Oh, the irony of it all... :)

I will report back here because I know others in my circle of face-to-face meeting places are interested in what I learn on the journey as well. Just one more opportunity to give back to the world at large. :D

Thanks Dallas!!

Peace
Scott: Alcoholic

Postby Dallas » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:13 am

I think it would be a good thing to have on the site here for those in recovery that are interested in helping others as Professionals. For those that do have that calling, it could help them know what to do next.

I'm curious about your past Internet business experience. Would you mind PMing me and share it with me? It seems that I remember that you, and your partner, had some very successful online adventures going on. (That's a big part of my work know, in helping others to achieve their Internet business objectives... so, your experience would be helpful to me and to others). Thanks.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery