- Questions and Answers about A.A.'s 12 Steps

Questions and Answers about A.A.'s 12 Steps

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby MichalF » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 pm

My God is loving and powerful. I am not God any more.
I am powerless over alcohol right now and always.That,s why I have work to do today, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
MichalF

Postby rkdian34 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 pm

"My God is loving and powerful. I am not God any more.
I am powerless over alcohol right now and always.That,s why I have work to do today, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

What part of "Having had a spiritual awakening as a results of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics and practice these principles in all our affairs." Do you not understand?

This is God's will for me.....

Charles I. "Recovered Alcoholic"
rkdian34

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Hey rkdian34, or Charles, if the same is you, I'll believe you if you say you're recovered... and regardless of whether you are or not... you need to conduct yourself on this site and act like you are recovered. :wink:

We don't take jabs at people here, we don't criticize them, or try to convince and convert them to our way of believing. This is part of the guidelines that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby rkdian34 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

"We don't take jabs at people here, we don't criticize them, or try to convince and convert them to our way of believing. "

I have read pages of your interpretation of your program. If anything I say isn't in the BB please correct me. I carry the message referred to in the 12th step and the BB. That is the only program of AA. I understand this web site is not affiliated with AA. The "Jabs" as you call them are only to get people to use their use their God given resources and think.

I have recieved your warning and this is your site. I'll respect that you have the power....
rkdian34

Postby MichalF » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm

rkdian34 wrote:What part of "Having had a spiritual awakening as a results of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics and practice these principles in all our affairs." Do you not understand?
[/b]

Hey Charles
Believe me I undersdtand you correctly.
I have never met so completely recovered alcoholic. maybe I envy a person like you. Maybe I afraid of replacing Big Book with Bigger Book?
Doesn't matter you and me are alcoholic
:)
MichalF

Postby GeoffS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:19 am

Hey rkdian34, or Charles,

I've read this topic right through, and just wondered if there is anything in life troubling you that you'd like to share?

Please let us know if there is any way we can help you?
GeoffS

troubling

Postby rkdian34 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 am

GeoffS wrote:Hey rkdian34, or Charles,

I've read this topic right through, and just wondered if there is anything in life troubling you that you'd like to share?

Please let us know if there is any way we can help you?

GeoffS,
I have been a member of AA for a very long time and in all my years I don't believe I have ever been asked that question. Thank you, if you are sincere.

Yes, there are some things that seem to be constantly bothersome. Maybe you can help me with them.

Please tell me how to carry the message of AA to the closed minded. I try but in most cases fail.

For years I went to AA and introduced myself in meetings as “Charlesâ€
rkdian34

Re: troubling

Postby GeoffS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 am

[quote="rkdian34"]

GeoffS,
I have been a member of AA for a very long time and in all my years I don't believe I have ever been asked that question. Thank you, if you are sincere.

Yes, there are some things that seem to be constantly bothersome. Maybe you can help me with them.

Please tell me how to carry the message of AA to the closed minded. I try but in most cases fail.

For years I went to AA and introduced myself in meetings as “Charlesâ€
GeoffS

Thanks for your input

Postby rkdian34 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 am

Those are the same suggestions that I would have given someone 15 years ago. They does not even address the guestion
rkdian34

Postby Tim » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Early in my sobriety, I paid attention to the words found in Chapter 5 of the Big Book:

But there is One who has all power. That One is God.

Three pertinent ideas:
(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
(c) That God could and would if He were sought.

This is part of the reading at the beginning of each meeting of my AA home group. It helps me remember that God has all power-that my human power was not powerful enough to relieve my alcoholism.
Tim

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Steps