- Becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable

Becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:20 am

This is sort of a quote really (as in "heard in a meeting") but it was indeed a moment of clarity for me when I finally got it.

The secret of life is not how to find lasting comfort, it is about finding a way to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Sam

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:49 am

Great quote, Sam. Thanks for sharing it.

Here's one back at you:

"A secret to joyful living is not being happy having all that I want...
it’s about being happy with what I have,
while I’m still working for all that I want!"

I just woke up from a nap! :lol: I hope this reads the way it sounded in my head after I'm awake!

I have one that I say to myself everyday, over and over and over again. It's

"Every day in every way I keep getting better and better and better."

Recently, I changed it around, and I'm experimenting with:

"Every day in every way, I keep getting richer and richer and richer!"

Not too long ago, I started experiencing some financial ill-health.

I was getting better physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, but I was running in the red on finances.

For me, it's hard to maintain good physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health... and live in a state of lack. Life grows and expands or it diminishes and dies.

Richer may have a politically incorrect sound to it, but the way I'm using it is: richer in health, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and financially!

So far... my experiment is paying off!!!

Thanks for letting me share.

Dallas

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:22 am

Sounds fine to me, brings to mind "it works if you work it so work it you're worth it"

I also understand what you mean by "richer" (and I read it that way initially). I use the word "abundant" in similar contexts. Love abundantly, spiritual abundance etc.
Sam

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:53 am

Yep. Sam, that's exactly it! Abundance. That's how I mean it, as abundance... For a guy like me, the thought of abunance excites me, the word "abundance" however... doesn't electrify me. (I enjoy getting zapped sober!) "Getting richer" as politically incorrect as it is, sends goose bumps down my arms and causes the hair to stand up! Electricity!

Words are powerful. My words can have a dramatic effect on me. The can please me. Harm me. Nudge me. Or... launch me into a course of vigorous action. "Rocket power!" That's why I play around with them and experiment. When I find the words that work like rocket fuel on me... the changes take place rapidly.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity