- A Good AA Meeting

A Good AA Meeting

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:59 pm

garden variety wrote:
If any of you are in Akron on Wednesday, September 9, please join us when I'll have the priviledge to walk in the shadows of the men and women who started this miracle known as Alcoholics Anonymous.

King School Group #1
First Grace United Church of Christ
350 S. Portage Path (Copley Road Exit Interstate 77- off of Copley Road)
Akron, Ohio 44302

Wednesday Evening (September 9) @ 8:00 P.M.

Paul--I've been waiting patiently to hear how your talk went. Are you still around?
Tim

Postby garden variety » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Tim,

LOL! (This should be fun). Yes I'm sill around. Probably a lot less "a-round" in square inches, but alive and content. Sometimes the physical ailments do get the best of me, and I've resorted to whining probably a bit too much lately. So I've been told by a certain gal who now seems pretty comfortable taking my inventory :oops: (is she the same one?)

The talk at King School went well. I felt (and experienced) that King School is the place I needed to be, so I opted to make it a home group. It's different than many would expect. There are a small handful of "seasoned" longtimers, but the group is mostly men and women from the Akron and Cleveland areas who got sober at young ages, say 15-22 years-old on average, and they've accumulated 20 - 30 years of sobriety. Sometimes they get self-conscious because they haven't drank for some 30-40 years like a few "proud" longtimers, and from their comments and speaker leads, they hear "I've spilled more than you've drank" from more than a few critics.

What I like is that as old of a group that it is, King School is progressive and more open-minded than many other groups which is why I decided to stay with that group. Open-minded in the sense of friendly and tolerant while sticking like glue to the primary purpose. I'm looking for a sponsor in that group, but I haven't been to many meetings because of this physical problem with what's called a chronic auto-immune disease that sorta came up out of the blue, over the summer.

Thanks for asking, Tim. I can't promise regularity in posting, but I'll drop in to say how-do when I can.

Peace...and may God bless!
Paul
garden variety

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 pm

garden variety wrote:Hi Tim,

LOL! (This should be fun). Yes I'm sill around. Probably a lot less "a-round" in square inches, but alive and content. Sometimes the physical ailments do get the best of me, and I've resorted to whining probably a bit too much lately. So I've been told by a certain gal who now seems pretty comfortable taking my inventory :oops: (is she the same one?)

The talk at King School went well. I felt (and experienced) that King School is the place I needed to be, so I opted to make it a home group. It's different than many would expect. There are a small handful of "seasoned" longtimers, but the group is mostly men and women from the Akron and Cleveland areas who got sober at young ages, say 15-22 years-old on average, and they've accumulated 20 - 30 years of sobriety. Sometimes they get self-conscious because they haven't drank for some 30-40 years like a few "proud" longtimers, and from their comments and speaker leads, they hear "I've spilled more than you've drank" from more than a few critics.

What I like is that as old of a group that it is, King School is progressive and more open-minded than many other groups which is why I decided to stay with that group. Open-minded in the sense of friendly and tolerant while sticking like glue to the primary purpose. I'm looking for a sponsor in that group, but I haven't been to many meetings because of this physical problem with what's called a chronic auto-immune disease that sorta came up out of the blue, over the summer.

Thanks for asking, Tim. I can't promise regularity in posting, but I'll drop in to say how-do when I can.

Peace...and may God bless!
Paul

What a nice surprise to log on and read your message, Paul. I am so sorry to hear about your physical problems with chronic auto-immune disease. The King School group has so much history to it and it sounds like a good Home Group. My Home Group has been going about 40 years.

I hope you will continue to participate here as you are able. I miss reading your insights and solid perspective on sobriety and 12 Step principles. Hearing from you made my day! Take care, hang in there and keep in touch.

Tim
Tim

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Glad to see you back Paul! You've been missed! And, I hope you're doing well!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 am

HI PAUL !!! it made my day too to log in and see posts from you

YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED ALOT !!
sorry to hear about your physical ailments but I must say that your way of sharing and carrying the message of hope and the program are as strong and healthy as ever :D :D

I miss you sooo much keep in touch please and as for whining too much you can PM me anytime and whine all you want I will gladly read and respond maybe even whine back alittle :lol:

you are in my PRAYERS ALWAYS LUV YA GOD BLESS

Cessie
ccs

Postby ccs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 am

oh as for the topic here I think a really GOOD meeting would be one with Paul Dallas Gunner Tim Robert Sun,Angel the kind we have here ya know but in person!!!! luv you all cess :wink:
ccs

Postby Dallas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:20 am

Maybe we should plan on doing that in July???
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby gunner48 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

Sign me UP

Love and Peace. Gunner
gunner48

Postby ccs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 pm

sounds awesome!!! :D
ccs

Postby keepontrudgin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:32 pm

The best meetings are when everyone gets a chance to share.
Even, "I'm Mary and I am court ordered, and I don't want to be here."
That is cool, at least Mary got it out of her, and people know her name.

Must have a dang Big Book somewhere in the meeting room.
Thought that should be requred, but many meetings local do not.

Gotta have the quotes framed on the wall.
LIVE and Let Live
EASY Does it
BUT for the Grace of God
THINK Think Think
FIRST Thing First

AA saved my life, and Gratitude is always a good topic.
keepontrudgin

Previous

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics