Commitment and right action key to good living

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment
Dallas
Site Admin

Commitment and right action key to good living

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 am

COMMITMENT

Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right action is the key to good living. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125

There came a time in my program of recovery when the third stanza of the Serenity Prayer — “The wisdom to know the differenceâ€

GeoffS

Postby GeoffS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 am

The wisdom to know the difference is where I slip up.

Sometimes I know, other times I find out!

You find out quite quickly when you get the 2 confused!!

sa

Postby sa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

Well, the wisdom to know the difference is the hardest thing....That´s probably the art of living...I myself need some mor elives for that :lol:

sober 24 hours

Sabine

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 am

I seem to get the wisdom -- my problem is sometimes taking the wrong action when I already know what the right action is! :lol:

However, slowly and incrementally... I think I'm making a little progress! :wink:

Dallas

gunner48

Postby gunner48 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

Am I willing to give up the things I know are wrong for me to do. Although I know something is wrong with what I am about to do, do I have the courage not to act. If I act on something that I truly don't know is wrong and later find out that the action caused a problem for me or others I can take corrective actions and put that action in the I need not do that again block. It's when I make mistakes that I learn and grow. I can't afford to hide behind masks and say I didn't know something when the fact is I did and I can't beat myself up when I make a mistake.

Peace and Love Gunner

sa

Postby sa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Well, I guess this is about taking responibility for my own actions (or not acgtions). This is very liberating thing because if I take resposibility I also have he chance to be the director of my own life ; I am not driven by the urge to get the next drink anymore. I have choices to lead my life.

Best Wishes

Sabine

Return to “12 Step Treatment and Recovery”