- How far is Any Lengths?

How far is Any Lengths?

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

How far is Any Lengths?

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

"Reminding ourselves that we have decided to go to any lengths to find a spiritual experience, we ask that we be given strength and direction to do the right thing, no matter what the personal consequences may be." (pg 79)

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby GeoffS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 am

One step further than we are comfortable with?
GeoffS

A.A. Recovery

Postby knny913 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 pm

My sponsor always told me that " we go as far as we can..... and one step further."
knny913

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Sounds reasonable to me! :wink:

When I was a newcomer -- my sponsor spent a good deal of his time having to remind me that "I had made a decision to go to any lengths!" :lol:

Thank God for sponsors!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:30 am

I think I've already fufilled the 'one step further' just by going to my first meeting this past Monday evening... :lol: . I'm taking this Friday off to visit a of couple more meetings. For the past eleven years of heavy solo drinking I have prayed to my HP to please wave the magic wand and heal this affliction. Now I realize that fellowship is one experience I need to embrace. I have a feeling I'll be taking many steps further. :shock:

Blessings all!
CK Stealth

Postby gunner48 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi CK
When I got to AA my first sponsor Bryan said to me. John if I had a magic wand that would take away all your troubles and pain I would not use it on you. I would deprieve you of your right to know God.
Work hard at developing that personal relationship with God. Each step we take is worth it.

Peace and Love
Gunner
gunner48

Postby sober1988 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

One step further... Let's see, that means (to me) surrender. Being willing to go to any lengths in order to stay sober. Realizing that no matter how long I stay sober, I will ALWAYS need to be willing to take that extra step in order to stay sober odaat. I can not afford to close my big book and say, "okay, i've done the steps, stayed sober x amount of years, so now I'm cured" doesn't work that way.
sober1988

Postby Sermon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 am

I've found that my any lengths has grown the longer I stay in the rooms. When I first got here my any lengths started off with a prayer just thanking GOD each day for keeping me sober that day, then making coffee for the group or giving a ride to someone else who didn't have a car. I stayed alittle longer and I started talking to the new comers about my experience, strength, and hope. Alittle further along I picked up a chair position on the Tuesday Night group and came up with a topic out of either the BB or approved litterature every week. I was asked to sponsor a new comer that came into the room one night, so I went to any length to make sure he was on the right track. So the further I go on drudging the road to happiness the more resonsibility I take on. I'm sure that there is more to come and I'm willing for the ride. As long as I've got my seatbelt on and God is driving I will be right where I need to be at the right time.
Sermon

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate you!
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery